I'll be there - part two (requested)

Yeji squeezed the life out of her mom's hand as she fought through the intense pain.

"Breathe, Yeji,"

Yeji groaned before looking to the door again as the pain began to fade.

She was waiting to see the door fly open and to see you standing there.

But that hasn't happened yet and at this point, with how far into everything she is and how close your baby is to entering the world, she wonders if you'll even make it in time.

"I need Y/N," She whimpered.

Yeji's mom's heart shattered.

She knows it's out of your hands that you can't be here at this exact moment and she knows you've got to be hurrying to the hospital as fast as you can be.

She doesn't blame you for anything.

But she does wish you'd hurry, just as Yeji does.

"I know you do, honey. I'm sure she's almost here."

"Yeah, and so is the baby." Yeji sniffled. "What if she doesn't make it in time?"

"She will, don't worry." Her mom promised.

Yeji squeezed her eyes shut as the pain returned, another groan leaving her lips.

"I don't want to do this without her. I can't do it without her." Yeji said as she tried to get through the inexpressible and unbearable pain.

"You won't. She'll be here."

The nurse suddenly entered and came over to Yeji's side.

"How are you feeling?"

"It's getting worse." She said before exhaling heavily. "I-I think it's almost time."

Yeji's mom rubbed her back in comfort.

"It's alright, honey."

Yeji hung her head, about to give up all hope that you'd arrive in time and be here to hold her hand.

But just as she was about to tell the nurse that your baby was ready to enter the world, the door swung open and you walked in.

Yeji had never felt more relieved.

A breath of relief left her lips, only for a groan to follow.

"Y/N," She sniffled and you hurried to her side, grabbing her hand. "You're here. I didn't think you'd make it."

She looked at you with pain in her eyes and you brought her hand to your lips to kiss it softly.

"I wouldn't miss this for the world, baby. Nothing was going to stop me, absolutely nothing."

She smiled as she relaxed for the first time since everything started.

"And you made it just in time."

You kissed Yeji's forehead softly as you looked at her mom, who was smiling at the sight.

"Thank you for being here with her."

"Of course." She said. "I'll go, leave you two alone. When I see you next, there'll be three." She proudly and excitedly spoke before leaving the room.

You blinked away your tears as you began to feel overwhelmed with emotion.

You kissed Yeji on her head lovingly, your lips lingering momentarily.

"You can do this, baby. I'm here."

She put her head back against the pillow, ready to bring the baby that you've both been waiting so long to meet into the world.

With you there by her side at last, she knew she was capable and safe enough to do so.

And even though it wasn't going to be easy, it was all going to be worth it.