CHAPTER 3

Mandraya Moon Spotted With Handful of Young People in forest

Mistress Moon is back, so watch yours - Everything We Know So Far

Moon spotted kidnapping children plus how to use wooden spoons to bend dark magic!

Mandraya Moon seen with gorgeous blonde boy, world scandal turns into love Shamble

Emea flips through the magazines on offer at the newsagency. "Ivis have you heard?" She asked her friend.

"Heard what?"

"Mandraya Moon is back apparently."

"What a load of garbage." Ivis shouted.

"I dunno, it can't be a coincidence that there are four magazines in this shop and they all feature the return of Moon."

"True, buy them and give them to Mrs. Lytra."

"Good idea," the girls went to the counter and bought the magazines.

"Afternoon ladies," said the shopkeeper.

"Excuse me, you can't assume that," said Ivis.

"Oh, Um, sorry, that will be twelve ninety nine thanks".

"Oh I'm three dollars short, can you please keep a hold of these magazines until tomorrow?" Asked Emea.

"Sorry, I won't have the shop open tomorrow, you've heard the news havn't you?"

"About Moon?"

"Yeah, too risky to keep the shop open, you know what, just take them and get out of here," he basically shoved the girls out. They left with the magazines and walked back to the school.

"People really go crazy when Moon is mentioned, don't they?" Ivis said.

"What if it's true?" Asked Emea.

"It can't be, Moon is long gone, no one has ever found her, not that they would try."

"Maybe you summoned her yesterday, when you said you would rather join her than have Talus rule."

"Crazy though, they would lock me up for good, eh?".

***

Noisy chatter filled the hall. The teachers looked wildly concerned. Why are they concerned, it's just a normal assembly is it not? Wondered Emea.

"Hey Emea," called Talus. Emea turned her head around to see the boisterous boy about to shoot her with some sort of water gun. It seemed to be filled with Excrubie, a dye extracted from Rubie berries. Before Emea could fully understand the situation, Talus fired. Emea thought the worst was about to happen, her new custom tailored uniform would be covered in unremovable red berry dye. She could see the dye moving towards her at a great speed, she tried to move away but she was too late. It had vanquished the upper left puffed sleeve of her cherished uniform. "TALUS," she screeched so loud and furious, there ought to be steam sprouting from her ears.

"Yes," Talus said, as if he was innocent.

"How could you do this, when I am meant to go up on stage and give a report of the week?"

"How on Emakay was I meant to know you would be going on stage?"

"Because, if you have forgotten, I am your new student captain, and the student captain reads out the weekly report," She sobbed.

"What's wrong Emea?'' asked Ivis, walking up holding a cup of Haimau tea.

"Your devilish cousin turned my left sleeve into a Rubie Berry."

"Oh my Rilias, Talus I'm telling your Mother,"

"Scary," A bunch of boys behind Talus sniggered.

"For Sun's sake Talus, no wonder you didn't get school captain, you're a pathetic, selfish, little brat who doesn't care about anyone else, let alone any other woman, you misogynistic bastard, I have the utmost fear for your future, no one will hire you, no one will, will support you, and you will never find love, now but out of our lives why don't you, and suck it up that I won and you didn't?"

Emea had never said that much to anyone, let alone someone who's daily mission was to make her miserable. He looked stunned. That will teach him.

"Emea Thorne, may I speak to you after assembly, privately?" A voice from behind her came. Gulp. It was the headmistress.

"Of course Headmistress."

"Please do not bother recapping the week this time," she said, and walked off.

"Someone's in trouble," smirked Talus. Though his smirk was less 'private-school-boy' sort of proud, and more 'I-don't-know-what-to-do-a-girl-yelled-at-me' type of shattered pride.

"Shut up Talus, you're right, someone will get in trouble, you," Ivis yelled as she guided Emea through the crowd of wild scholars, and under one of the bleachers.

"Are you okay?

"Yeah, I'm just annoyed at Talus."

"Aren't we all?"

"I don't know how you put up with him."

"Me neither," Ivis laughed. But Emea wasn't in a laughing mood, she had had her captainly duties taken away from her.

"May I have your attention please students?" Mrs Lytra's voice came from the megaphone.

"Some of you may have heard the latest news, it has been in magazines, television, your phones, and everywhere else," Emea had completely forgotten to check her phone about this, she barely ever used her phone anyways.

"It seems that we have been blessed with the devastating return of Mistress Moon, the school is to continue with its normal daily duties, lessons, meals, and functions". A sigh of relief came from Emea, she didn't feel as though the year that she was elected school captain needed to be a year of great change in plans.

"You all will be baffled at us for our next statement, but it is reasonable even if you cannot see it," the assembly attendance started murmuring.

"Students, if you will please calm down now". The headmistress said. "You will be kept inside the school grounds on weekends, no shopping, or outings". This is when the students burst into a flame of disrespect, according to Emea. Everyone was shouting, and standing up and stomping. It was an academy thing to stomp, it shows your rage and complete argument towards the given situation.

"Stop that stomping right now, the staff will take you out in small groups soon for outings, but only when we have a handle on it all." The students quieted down and started cheering.

"That is all for this assembly, please go back to your dorms, and try to spend as much time inside sheltered areas this weekend, we fear Mistress Moon is causing some sort of storm." The students got up and hurried back to their dorms.

Emea and Ivis passed Talus and his best mate Mitch. Emea overheard Talus saying that it was stupid to be locked in, and how Moon's return was a hoax. As much as Emea wanted to punch the living daylights out of Talus, she had to hurry to Mrs. Lytras office.

Mrs. Lytra was waiting for her, this was not a good sign.

"I wanted to ask about your problem with Talus Firestone."

"He is a sexist young man."

"You were so harsh on him, you used the words bastard, pathetic, selfish, and brat," stated the Headmistress.

"I believe he was in the wrong Mrs. Lytra,"

"Please refrain from insulting fellow students in the future, a school captain would not do it, so don't, because we can take away your abilities and privileges like that," and with that she clicked her fingers. 

As Emea was dismissed with a warning, she walked out the room thinking about how she hadn't even used her wand, other than to write a letter. She decided that she would use it in as many ways as possible, in case she had to face someone in the future.