Chapter 5

Herbology. One of Emea's least favorite classes. She could never mix the right amount of herbs into her potions. One clove of Badai Bush and a pinch of Nanachoo. She thought. How much is a bloody pinch?

Ivis was a natural at herbology, she always knew just what to add, and always got great marks. The only class Emea didn't get A's on was this class.

"Class listen up," yelled Mr. Ellrick. The hubbub in the great hall shattered.

"We will be swimming in the Lake of Magic today, collecting Curler Bulbs, so go get your swimmers and meet me at the docks".

"Should I wear a white bikini or a black one piece?" Asked Ivis.

"The school friendly one".

"I see, so the white one?"

Emea sighed. The only bathing suit she had was a purple one with frills.

Once the class were in the water, Mr. Ellrick showed them what the bulbs looked like. Yellow, with green thorns. Great. They were instructed to go underwater and find the bulbs. Emea slid her goggles in front of her eyes, who knows what's in that water.

She swam around a bit. Emea was a wondrous swimmer and could hold her breath for about two minutes. She saw no bulbs whatsoever, so she just decided to enjoy the water. She swam around for a minute, but then she saw a Meapod. This was a small pocket of air that you could ingest and it would give you a long period of time without having to come up for air. Emea popped it into her mouth and swam around. She lost track of where she was.

In the distance was a light, it was a sea torch, a special sort of torch for underwater exploring. As it got closer Emea could see there was a boy attached to the end of it. The light illuminated her view so she could see his refined features. He had sandy blonde hair, a very chiseled jawline and deep blue eyes. A second later he was gone. Emea brought herself back to the surface and looked around, she had drifted off a fair way, in the distance she could see Ivis splashing water at Talus, he was splashing back. She swam over to them and started trying to tell Ivis about the boy she had seen.

"Seeing things is a sign of taking a Meapod," said Ivis.

"Well, I did," said Emea glumly. But then she added. "But he was so real, sandy colored hair, blue eyes".

"Sounds like your dream guy".

"Yeah, he was," the class swam back to the surface and their teacher let them spend the rest of the lesson playing in the lake and on the sand. Emea kept thinking about the handsome boy she had seen.

She dried herself off and sat on the sand, she opened up a book she had brought with her and started to read it. It was a book about spells and casting them. She was so deeply immersed in her book that she was startled when her friend shouted at her, a few minutes later.

"Emea watch out!" Shouted Ivis. She looked up and saw a girl, red hair her height, green apple eyes coming towards her. The girl was dressed in a black leather suit, she was carrying a strictly silver sword, as long as Emea's leg. Emea grabbed her book and scrambled backwards. She looked around for her bag, she saw it a couple of meters away. She got to it and pulled out her wand. "Immaculate Slumberosis". Emea shouted. The red haired girl speedily brought her arms upwards into an X, fending herself from Emea's spell. Emea shot a few more spells at the teenager and each time she defended herself. Emea shot more spells and each time the girl blocked them she got weaker and weaker. Emea ran to Ivis and saw that there were quite a few teenagers with weapons battling her classmates.

"They're dressed like Mandraya Moon is in those paintings." said Ivis, who was an art geek. Emea agreed. She ran over to Mr Ellrick who was shooting flashes of gold from his wand into a duo of boys about her age, they were dressed the same. One had dark brown frisky hair, and one had black sleek hair. Her teacher struck one spell at them and they collapsed to the floor. She could see the two boys were doing the same movements hand up, up to X, karate chop, high kick, round house, back to X. It was like they were robotic.

Mrs. Lytra ran onto the field, her short pixie cut flapping as she ran, as she did so she pulled out a long wand out of nowhere, out of thin air. She muttered something under her breath. But then Emea noticed something changed in her eyes, she quickly redirected her spell to a large palm tree nearby and made another spell. All the teenagers fell to the ground with a loud simultaneous thud. Emea's shoulders un tightened, relieved she didn't have to do anything she wasn't ready for.

There he was, the sandy haired boy, lying unconscious on the heated sandy floor, his mop of hair displayed out like a shock formation. He looked peaceful. Is he dead?