CHAPTER 7

"Just a nice big welcome to all the new students in our class," Mr. Green beamed. Everyone turned their heads to the back of the class where Adam, Briar, Sade, Tulip, Tonsley, and Piper were sitting. The students gawked at them as if they were in a zoo pen.

"Today we will be identifying our inner beauties, our other species, our beautiful inner minxies, welcome to Appreciation of Magical Personal Species, otherwise known as AMPS Class, I am your professor Mr. Green, or the Species Preachies," he said as a loud bang went off and confetti flew everywhere. The students all clapped and whooped.

"Now I know some of you have already found your inner animal," he paused and a few students shouted in agreement including Adam.

"But this class is about caring for them, so you will have another one too, I hope this makes sense," Adam looked confused.

"Piper, would you please come up to the front and do a demonstration with me?" Pipen nodded and jumped up to the front. "I want you to put your hand into this box, whatever animal's aura you have will come out of this box and into your hands, sounds weird I know," he chuckled.

Piper put her hand into the box and within a few seconds there was a bright yellow glow and she brought out a tiny little duckling, it quaked and the whole class made aww sounds.

Next went Talus, he put his hands in and a bright green glow sizzled around his hands, slithering out came a golden snake, a girl screamed.

Ivis got a bunny, Briar got a raven, Tulip got a goldfish, Tonsley got a Hawk, Adam surprisingly got a tiny kitten, and Sade got a majestic stallion. Emea stared at it, it had a golden mane and bright amber eyes like his. A few other students went and then it was Emea's turn.

She put her hands into the box and within a few seconds a roaring heat was tickling her fingers and she was thrown backwards by a steady silver haired horse, she looked up and the chest of the horse was in her face. She shuffled backwards to see the horse had a mane which glistened in the sunlight, but then she saw it. This horse was not a horse, it was a unicorn, its horn was long and dainty.

"My oh my, out of all my years teaching no one has ever conjured a unicorn before," said their teacher gobsmacked.

"A unicorn?" a student whispered something about Rillias Sun, and the unicorn being her symbol.

The unicorn nudged her with its huge head and trotted off towards Sade's horse. Emea got up and walked over to sade.

"So we both got horses of a sort," she told him.

"yes , but yours is a unicorn," he chuckled.

"Class is finished now, please go take your new pets back to your dorms, and for you horse bearers, the stables," said their teacher.

Emea and Sade walked their animals to the stables, talking about the wonderful lesson they both had just had. When they got to the stables, they saw they both had pens next to each other, fully stocked with brushes, food, and other things for the horse care.

Maybe this is a sign, no, no fantasies, no dramas.

Emea walked back to her dorm with Ivis, Briar, Piper and Tulip. The three newbies had joined them to go to their next class, which was athletics. Emea was good at sports, running, jumping, and endurance. She had won the high jump the year before, to Talus's disgust.

Focus on what you're good at.