Chapter 38

"S-Scara. I need to... I need to talk to you." 

"Y/N? Are you alright? You sound like you're crying." 

"Meet me at my dorm. Please." 

"I'll be there in a moment." 

He abruptly ended the call. 

You sighed and covered your face with your hands. Wiping your eyes, you paced back and forth in front of the door. 

When a knock finally came a few minutes later, you rushed to open the door. 

"Kuni!" 

"Y/N. Are you alright?" You quickly closed the door behind him. 

"I'm sorry. I didn't know who else to-" 

"It's alright. What happened?" He guided you to the sofa and sat down next to you. 

"I- He-" 

"Who?" You saw him clench his fist. 

"Did I ruin everything?" You burst into hysterical sobbing. 

"Y/N. Calm down. Tell me what happened. I'm here for you." 

"I- I-" 

"Deep breaths." He squeezed your hands lightly. "Take deep breaths and calm down." 

"I'm sorry." You heaved a few breaths. 

"It's alright." 

"I don't know what to do Kuni." 

"Explain." 

"I was talking with Aether and... He told me that Bedo had finished his experiment long before I asked him to date me." 

"So?" 

"I thought that Bedo was just helping me out because he also wanted to complete his research, but when I found out... I know that Bedo isn't the type to do that just for a friend." 

"So you thought-" 

"Yeah. And it turns out... Well, I talked to him. He confirmed it. I broke up our friendship." 

"What?" 

"I didn't want him to... Love me more. I thought that would be the best thing to do. I know the pain unrequited love brings you. It's more painful if... You're still close to that person. I decided that you can't always stay friends. But I feel like I did something wrong." 

"You did nothing wrong. It was for the best for both of your mental health." 

"Was it though? Or was I just being selfish? Did I just want to punish him? Make him go through what I did?" 

"Y/N, you're not that kind of person." 

"Really? How can you be sure? How can we know that this isn't a part of my subconscious acting on my behalf?" 

"Because I know you. You try so hard to be strong. You want to help everyone. Even if it means it brings you pain." 

"But-" 

"Y/N. You are so much more than you give yourself credit for." 

"What if I'm really not? What if you're seeing the perfect Y/N you believe I am? What if-"

"I know you Y/N. I've seen how you handle major problems. I've seen how brave you were. I've seen how strong you really are. It wasn't an act Y/N. I know the real you. You are strong." 

"I- Thank you Kuni. I think... I think I really really needed to hear that."

He slowly wrapped his arms around you. Savoring his touch, you leaned in. 

The two of you stayed like that, in each other's embrace, until you realized just how much time had passed. And of course, how close the two of you were. 

"Oh! Look at the time."

"What about it?" He buried his head in your shoulder. "I want to stay like this for a while longer." 

You blushed madly. 

"K-Kuni!" 

"What? I'm tired and I've wanted to do this for a while." 

"W-What do you mean by that?" 

"I had to rush here because you were crying. I need my reward." 

"B-But... This is-" 

"Shhhhh." You stayed still and the two of you eventually fell asleep. 

You, because you were worn out from crying, and Kuni because he was comfortable and he had been worried. 

A/N: I didn't know how to continue it so... BAM new chapter!