𝒞𝐻𝒜𝒫𝒯𝐸𝑅 𝒯𝒲𝒪

CHAPTER 2

"CAROUSEL"

     It took me a moment for my mind to register what he was saying.

     "Oh yeah, I am" I replied

     "Really?" he asks, for some reason not believing me. I was about to reply but he interrupted stating his reason why he believes so. "It's just that, you look upset"

     Oh. "I'm alright," I say, assuring him that I'm alright ̶I̶'̶m̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶a̶l̶r̶i̶g̶h̶t̶.

     "Are you sure?" he still says, not convinced.

     "Yes, I'm sure."

     "Well since I don't believe you and you're also clearly upset about something, How about we do something fun to cheer you up?" He asks. Again my heart does a weird fluttery thing as if there are a thousand butterflies in my stomach.

     "What are we going to do?" I ask, trying to distract myself and maybe even him from the blush surfacing on my cheeks and also because I'm curious. What can a stranger do to cheer me up?

     "I don't know. I was thinking we could go walk around the fair and find something interesting to do while we're at it" He flashed a perfect smile that definitely belongs on a movie screen. If it weren't for the fact that he was talking to someone like me, I'd think he was a model or maybe even an actor.

     "Sure, I'd love that" I managed to say and gave him a warm smile. He looks really happy about that. The carousel made a stop letting the both of us exit the carousel.

     He holds his hand out for me to take which I accept – almost too eagerly. Once our skins finally made contact my heart did the weird fluttery thing ... Again ... for the third time.

     Everything about this moment is beautiful. The feeling it gives me takes my mind off the misery I just experienced today. It brightened my mood somehow, and all it took was a boy leading me through the fair. The sweet smell of cotton candy fills the air, the sounds of people having a good time around us, and of course the situation that I am in was more than enough to lift my spirits for the second time today.

     As of right now, I already expect major developments in my life. Good Developments ...