𝒞𝐻𝒜𝒫𝒯𝐸𝑅 𝐹𝒪𝒰𝑅

CHAPTER 4

"OBSESSION"

     Obviously – well not so obviously – I looked around the crowd to find him. But unsurprisingly I didn't.

     Feeling really desperate, I wandered through the bustling fair. I had forgotten to ask for his number before leaving, and because of that I was now stuck trying to locate and track him down through this massive crowd in a massive fair.

     Despite the crowds and noise, I focused all of my energy on finding that one familiar face. I scanned masses, my eyes searching for the light brown hair, soft green eyes and the handsome smile that had been etched into my memory.

     As I was searching, I felt a sense of urgency. I knew that the fair would be closing soon and I would have to leave without ever finding him.

***

     As I stepped into my dark and empty house, I felt a pang of sadness. The fair was closed – and would be opening again on the weekends – and despite my best efforts, I hadn't been able to find him. I felt a sense of regret and wondered what could have been.

     I walked over to my window and opened it, letting in the cool breezy night air. I sighed, feeling a sense of emptiness washed over me.

     My thoughts about the joy and excitement I had felt when I was riding on the carousel and how quickly it had faded away.

     I reached for my phone, hoping to distract myself with some music or a movie, but unfortunately found myself thinking about him again.

     I wondered what he was doing, and maybe if he was thinking about me too ...

     Despite my efforts to focus on anything else, I couldn't shake the feeling of the longing that I felt. I missed the feeling of being with him and wished that I could go back in time and asked for his number. I wondered if I would ever see him again, or if he would simply fade away like a distant memory.