𝒞𝐻𝒜𝒫𝒯𝐸𝑅 𝐹𝐼𝒱𝐸

CHAPTER 5

"HOPELESS"

     As the days went by, I grew more and more impatient to see him again. I found myself yearning for the fair, and the chance to find him once more.

     I became so desperate that I began to think about it almost any time of the day. From during classes to during lunch breaks to laying in bed at night, I thought about him.

     Finally, after a long period of waiting, the weekends arrived. I got up really early in the morning, dressed in my favorite outfit and headed straight to the fair.

     As soon as I paid for my tickets and entered, I immediately scanned the crowds searching for the familiar face. My heart ached as I walked past the carousel, hoping to catch a glimpse of him.

     But as the day wore on, I became increasingly frustrated. I had searched everywhere, but he was nowhere to be found. My excitement turned to disappointment, and I finally gave up and returned home.

     As I walked back to my apartment, I felt a sense of sadness wash over me. I was starting to wonder if I would ever see him again. But determination took control over me and decided that I would just try again tomorrow.

***

     The next weekend, I again dressed up in my favorite outfit and headed straight to the fair. As soon as I arrived, I again searched for him, but no such luck was found in my search for him. Hours passed and the sun slowly began to set as I began to get more and more frustrated. This was my breaking point and I finally gave up ...

     I gave up and I lost all hope. I just walked around the fair with no idea where I'm even going. I found myself bumping into that same carousel where I met him. I hopped on it without thinking thoroughly. But before I can make a decision whether I should continue, the carousel ride has already begun moving.

     I quickly realized my mistake and a bunch of emotions washed over me. Grief, sorrow, sadness and it was all because of this one ride.

     Tears fell from my eyes. The truth is ... I got too attached to him ... not because I might like him or whatever but because I need someone. I don't have any friends and I just needed someone to at least hold on to. To at least confide in.

     I needed someone to help me from the void. To help prevent me from hitting rock bottom. But my desperation and obsession just made everything worse.

     I felt a soft tap on my shoulder. I ignored it, feeling too tired to do anything, feeling too down. Then I felt another tap. And another one. Until I finally looked behind me and was met with the familiar light brown hair and soft green eyes.

     "Hey there," he said, a warm smile spreading across his face. "I thought I'd lost you forever."

     A sense of relief and joy washed over me. I couldn't believe I found him again.

     "I'm here," I whispered, my voice heavy with emotion. "I'm here, and I'm not going anywhere this time."

     We spent the rest of the day at the fair, enjoying each other's company and creating memories that would surely last a lifetime. I knew that this was the beginning of something special, and I felt grateful for this chance, and for the opportunity to see where our journey would take us.