𝒞𝐻𝒜𝒫𝒯𝐸𝑅 𝒯𝐻𝑅𝐸𝐸

CHAPTER 3

"CONTRAST"

     I chuckle as Aiden – which is his name and which I just recently found out – threw another dart, attempting to make a Bull's eye, but again for the 4th time failed miserably.

     I laughed loud and Aiden looked at me.

     "Hey! It's not funny. I'm actually trying my best," he exclaimed. He says it like it's the truth but in my opinion it's just a silly little excuse.

     "Well I think you're just bad" I teased him. He scowls at me, making me laugh again. "H-here l-let me try" I say, stuttering because I'm still laughing.

     He reluctantly hands me the dart and moves out of the way. I went to where he was standing before and took my position. Once I got in position I started to think that this could be a mistake and I'll just end up embarrassing myself.

     I got into a comfortable position and finally threw the dart. And surprisingly ... I got a hit! A small laugh escaped my lips as the guy handed me my prize which is a huge pastel pink teddy bear with a string tied on its neck.

     I looked at Aiden to see his reaction and he looked really shocked. "Hey! that's not fair... I-it's probably just beginner's luck." He says.

     "And what great timing it is"

      He started pouting while I just continued to laugh. We continued to walk around the fair until it started getting late. Soon, we had to part ways. We stopped a few meters by the entrance. We stood there awkwardly, waiting for the other to say something.

     Fortunately, Aiden is the one to break the silence. "I had a good time with you," he said, smiling. I smiled back and nodded in agreement.

     Even after the evening we had together I still feel antsy around him.

     "Well I have to go now. I enjoyed our time together" I said grinning. He waves goodbye to me, as I walk away.

     I had such a wonderful time with him, not that I was willing to admit to him. As I walked with him through the fair it felt like I somehow blended in with the crowd, due to the fact I have been looking gloomy ever since. Until him... being with him had improved my mood somehow, but I'm grateful for it nonetheless.

     I wished to see him again, to hang out and spend time with again. It's then I realized I should've asked for his number. After mentally cursing myself for forgetting it, I walked back to him since I haven't walked away really far yet. But to my surprise ... he's already gone.