Chapter Twelve

I have a friend who's away right now and so im going to update a new chapter of this book every day for the next three days until he's back. Surprise!

Chapter Twelve

"Are you sure he's missing?" It was late at night, and, unable to sleep, I had finally made that call to Chiron, locking myself in the bathroom with the shower on.

"Pretty sure, yeah. Thanatos didn't know where he had gone either, which is a pretty big red flag, and then there's the whole vision thing."

"Vision thing? Nico, did you have a dream about your father?"

"No. That's the thing, it happened in the middle of the day. One minute I was fine, the next I was standing in the middle of some desert road, and I could hear Hades talking to me. It was really weird. The people I'm staying with thought I had a seizure." I had already briefed Chiron on my new living situation, making sure to leave specifics and names out of the explanation.

"Hmm. What did Hades say?"

"He told me I was in danger, and that I had to come find him, but he wouldn't say where he was. He told me I didn't have much time."

"Ominous indeed. I'll have the Athena cabin do some research on this 'vision'. Stay safe, Nico." Once the call ended, I tossed another drachma into the rainbow mist, and asked for Percy. He was, predictably, sleeping.

"Percy," I whisper-shouted, not wanting to risk waking Tim in the room next to me. "Percy, wake up!" He jolted awake and fell out of bed.

"Nico?" He asked blearily, wiping at his eyes and squinting. "Why are you calling so late?"

"Why are you asleep so early?" I countered.

He turned his head, presumably to look at the window or a clock or something. "It's eleven fifty-three, Nico. What the fuck."

"Do you want to talk or not? 'Cause I do have better things to do–"

"No, wait, I'm sorry, don't hang up, I'm just- shit-" He tripped over something and fell out of view for a second before popping back up. "I'm awake, I'm awake."

"How are things at camp, then?" Percy settled back against his bed, sighing. "As good as ever, I guess. The prophecy got leaked, and now everyone is bad-mouthing you. We're trying to keep the worst of it under control, but what can you do, really? Oh, and you'll never guess who beat up some Hephaestus cabin kid who called you a really homophobic slur!"

"Was it Will?"

"No, but I wouldn't be surprised. It was Clarisse!"

"Really? I always got the impression she kinda didn't like me." Percy shrugged, glancing at something out of view again. "What? Are we waking Annabeth up?"

Percy turned bright red. "You are surprisingly dirty-minded for someone so tiny."

"I didn't say anything, you were the one who interpreted that as being dirty."

"Oh my Gods," Percy groaned. "I hate you."

"Aw thanks, I hate you too."

A soft knock interrupted the conversation and I swore. "Shit. I've gotta go, Percy, I'll call again in a few days." I swiped my hand through the mist, cutting off his reply.

It was Jason. He was standing outside my door, looking ready to burn a hole through it with his glare. What is it with people in this house glaring all the time? "Can I help you...?" I asked.

"Who were you talking to?" He demanded and I stiffened.

"No one. I was getting ready to shower."

Jason raised a single eyebrow. "In the middle of the night?"