Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

Jason woke up to a pounding headache. His shoulders were sore and he couldn't feel his fingers. Blood was dried in a tacky trail down the left side of his face. He blinked his eyes open to see a stained cement floor beneath him.

He was tied to a chair, and he couldn't feel his fingers because his arms were tied behind him so tightly. The room was bare, and the more his eyes focused the more he was able to see the grimy walls and decrypt ceiling. A heavy-looking door was situated across from him.

Jason squeezed his eyes shut, trying to remember where he was. He was on the roof, away from the party guests...and then Nico was there- Nico!
Where was Nico? Jason remembered trying to protect the younger, but apparently Nico has just as much of a temper as Jason does, because he basically cussed the Joker out. Jason also remembered the sickening sound the bat made when it connected with the side of Nico's head.

"Nico?" He whisper-shouted. "Nico, can you hear me?" A pained grunt sounded from behind Jason, and when he craned his neck, he could barely see the chair that was sitting nearly back-to-back with his.

"Ugh, la mia testa..." Nico groaned. Jason did not speak whatever the fuck kind of language just came out of Nico's mouth, but he did know that the combination of head trauma and suddenly speaking another language was probably not the best.

"Nico, you better wake the fuck up and start making sense, because I do not want to face Bruce if you get stuck speaking Spanish or something!" Jason wiggled a bit, trying to twist his chair to be able to see Nico better, to no avail.

"Italiano," Nico murmured, more clearly than before. "That was Italiano. Where are we?"

"Fuck if I know," Jason said. "Wherever the Joker took us, I suppose."

Nico started spitting rapid-fire Italian, and Jason could feel and hear him pulling at the rope that tied them to the chairs. "Quel fottuto di merda fottuto figlio di puttana ha un fottuto desiderio di morte–"

"Calm down, would you? You're not getting out of these ropes. Joker doesn't mess around when it comes to kidnapping people."

"Fuck!" Nico spat. "Things were finally normal!" Before Jason could ask what Nico meant by that, the door was forced open and a certain villain waltzed in. He was grinning and holding his hands behind his back as he kicked the door shut behind himself. Jason's spine went cold.

"How lucky am I?" Joker crooned as he danced around the boys. "To not only be meeting the newest addition to the family, but an old friend, too!" He revealed what was in his hand, which turned out to be a blade, about the length of Jason's hand, wrist to fingertip. He pointed it at Jason. "I haven't seen you for a while. Rumour has it that you died in an accident." The famous red smile stretched dramatically into a frown. "So tragic. But what lovely news to learn that you're actually alive!" A maniacal cackle.

The Joker grabbed Jason's chair and swung it out and around, so Jason was facing Nico's back. Then he did the same with Nico's chair so the two boys were almost knee-to-knee and facing each other. There was blood, old and fresh, staining Nico's left temple and down the side of his neck. Despite the traumatic injury, Nico was glaring at the Joker with every ounce of venom in his soul, which was a lot.

"What do you want, you fottuto stronzo?" Nico spat. Jason was beginning to suspect what some of these Italian words meant.

"That better not have been anything offensive. It's rude to call people names, especially your uncle J."

"You are not my uncle, you're a psychotic son of a bitch with an unhealthy fixation on this family who can go ficcaglia un autocarro con cassone ribaltabile nel culo e salta da un ponte!" The Joker slapped Nico.