Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

'You cannot hold me off forever, Hades.'

"No, but I do not need to. You think the Olympians will stand for this? Your idea of a whole universe is insane. You will kill us all!"

'What is death if you have the God of the Underworld as your pet? What do I have to fear from something I cannot experience?'

"You will not win this war. My son will–"

'Will he stop me? How? He cannot possibly go up against me and hope to survive. You are giving futile hope to dead dreams. He may have had a hand in Kronos' destruction, and Gaea's, but I am infinite. He cannot win if he raises a thousand armies from your fields.'

"He doesn't need to. When the time comes, he knows what he must do. I have faith in him and his comrades. You will fall."

'What an amusing thought. And as you stand here in this wasteland, barely containing me, where is your son? You have left him alone again, honourable Hades. As you always do, and as you always will. He cares not for you, he will not help you. And when you fall, as you inevitably shall, I will be merciful and allow your son to join you in purgatory. Perhaps there, you might be able to mend your relationship.'

"You spew lies! He will help. He is already the key piece in this, and whether he knows it or not, he will play his part."

"Hmm. In the end, we shall indeed see which part he plays. You cannot hold me off forever, Hades.' 

just a short part, i wanted to give you guys some insight into the 'villain' in this story. Who are they? What do they intend? Will they really be defeated? 

**whispers** dun dun DUUUUNNNN...