Chapter 7 : Too Heavy To Love Again

A car sped through the Express Ring and very quickly reached the South River bridge.

Underneath the bridge by the roadside, Jungkook let Seok Jin park his car. Then, they walked for quite a distance along the sidewalk by the river. The South River had been developed pretty well from the time Seok Jin could remember.

The place he brought Jungkook for dinner was not some high class restaurant. Instead, it was a very ordinary unique South River restaurant. Built on the edge of a hot spring by the riverside was a fresh and elegant little Korean restaurant.

"Just order anything you want. Don't be shy with me, Mr Jeon." Seok Jin handed the menu over to Jungkook across him. His eyes shone brightly with hints of gratitude.

"The menu here isn't bad, especially for hotpot..."

Jungkook had just flipped open the menu when Seok Jin's low soft voice suddenly came through indistinctly. He looked up to see the other's eyes shining ever so slightly like stars, seeming vaguely hopeful.

Ease flashed across his face so eventually Jungkook went with Seok Jin's suggestion and ordered the hotpot with a green bamboo liquor as a side dish.

After retreating the waiter, Jungkook followed Seokjin's distracted gaze outside the window. He could hear some amused laughter outside from the depths of the plum blossom forest by the riverside. The plum blossoms were blooming, their petals fluttering about and scattering across the ground. Many people held hands as they walked slowly on the green pavement in the plum blossom forest. They were either a pair of lovers or a family of three...

Seok Jin picked up the pot of liquor and silently pushed one of it towards Jungkook. With a frown, he then pulled his head back to finish it in one gulp.

Seok Jin's eyes twinkle at the sour taste. "I've also drunk this liquor once by chance. At first, I didn't like its taste, but I don't know when I started to get used to it. Try it, though I'm afraid you won't be used to it."

Jungkook silently listened to Seok Jin's speaking as he picked up his cup of liquor. He took a small sip and found that it taste pretty delicious actually. It had a smooth sour and sweet taste and was very fragrant.

Seok Jin remembered that his Appa had once said that if someone could be like the green bamboo liquor, it would perhaps be the perfect combination— mellow, rich and elegantly fragrant like the wine, hidden beautifully yet posses a terrifying personality like the snake, and retained the fresh culture of tea.

However, right at the moment, Seok Jin felt like Jeon Jungkook could be describe like this. The man was nothing but a ocean, full of mystery. You can't dive deep lest you should lost in its depth.

It was quite a while before Seok Jin snapped back to reality. When he saw Jungkook silently watching him from across, he quickly put on a smile and sounded as apologetic, "Are you not used to it ? Should I change it for a cup of tea ?"

Jungkook shook his head. He put down the Cup in his hand and looked down at the boiling hotpot in front of him. In a lowered voice, he said, "I was just thinking. If we just drink and stare like this, would the food inside cooked into a pile of junk soon ?"

When Seok Jin heard his solemn question, he looked down into the pot and saw that the content were already intensely boiling. He then laughed softly and cheerfully picked up his chopsticks to deftly choose a meatball.

Watching him, Jungkook also picked up his chopsticks too and generously picked a vegetable ball from the hotpot. Dipping it with a little sauce before slowly putting it into his mouth. He was pleased to find that it did taste quite delicious.