Chapter 19 : Glory World's Anniversary

From Wednesday onwards, Glory World Corporation's break had almost come to an end and the whole company was anticipating the anniversary celebration on Thursday. The Public Relations Department was busy running around coordinating the event. The anniversary banquet was located at Sky Hall on the seventh floor of Sky Hotel. This grand hotel was especially used to organise grand banquets.

On Thursday morning, after Jungkook left the house, Seok Jin also drove to the company as well. The anniversary even would begin at 7 in the evening. Jungkook had rushed to Incheon early in the morning. Seok Jin heard that it was to discuss negotiating the development of a new entertainment city with the partner company.

It was a splendid afternoon. The warm sun scattered it's dazzling golden rays throughout the blue sky. Bathing in the soft light. Glory World Corporation appeared even more extraordinary in grandeur. Inside the simply luxurious office, the Planning Director, Jeon Seok Jin, was sitting before his desk and reading the documents that the Commerce Department had sent over. At that moment, there was suddenly a light knocking on the door. Seok Jin frowned slightly, yet he did not look up and just answered, "Come in!"

His assistant, Jung Su, then walked lightly over and bowed to say, "Director Kim, Manager Fang from the Public Relations Department just called to say that Sky Hotel preparations are almost done. They asked if you'd like to go over and take a look by yourself."

"Mm, tell them that I'll be there right away."

Seok Jin closed the document in his hand and got up to put the things on his desk into the folder. Then, he turned around to put the windbreaker on the clothes rack. On the side, Jung Su had quickly walked up to take the briefcase too. The two of them then took huge strides out of the door.

"Director Kim, I heard that Direction Kang has gone over too. Hee performance this year seemed pretty outstanding. I wonder if she'd be as lucky as last year and get her dream race car this time! This year, if it were not for the new Chairman, Director Zhang wouldn't have let her help out."

The Director Kang, Jung Su was talking about was Kang In-Tak, Seok Jin's rival. The fact that someone of Seok Jin's age could climb up to this position caused many people to be unconvinced and Kang In-Tak was one of the skeptics. So naturally, she disliked Seok Jin to her core.

"Does that mean that Public Relations is planning to do a welcoming party for Chairman Jeon at the same time ?"

Seok Jin was a little surprised as he raised his brows.

"Yes, Director. In fact, they have invited quite a few celebrities to join the banquet. They're all artists signed on with Glory World as that very popular new perfect male idol, as well as Kim Chae Sung. He even has the same surname as you, Director!"

Once Jung Su said this, Seok Jin instantly frowned. In shock, he turned to his assistant before pressing on the elevator, "Kim Chae Sung ? Does he have any collaboration with Glory World ?"

Jung Su smiled and nodded. "Yes! He and Glory World have agreed for him to be the spokesperson of Sky's Jewelry city."

While his ears kept hearing the assistant's ramble related to Chae Sung, just like when he heard about the engagement of the certain male celebrity, Seok Jin's gleaming eyes flashed with coldness.

The elevator door open with a sound, and Seok Jin's apathetic tall figure walked in steadily.

Jung Su had always been an expert at reading body language, could vaguely feel that his superior did not seem pleased, so he decided to stop at that point.

The Cayenne drove into the Sky Hotel, it was already past 6 p.m. in the evening. Seok Jin could saw the festively decorated flower arch at the entrance. The entire hotel had also closed for business temporarily because this night would just to be serve the Glory World. Many guards and bodyguards were arranged in front of the entrance. Everyone needed to have the company identity card or a guest invitation to enter. Almost all the reporters of Songdo-dong had been rejected at the door and security was very tight at this point.