Roommate

I had to post 2 more chapter cuz y'all reactions are too funny😭🤣 don't worry Gwen x Miles will make progress😂 this chapter is just an update on Gwen's relationship with her dad <3

Day one was pretty chill. I went practically unnoticed and didn't catch the teachers attention nor the students. Grabbing food at the cafe then going to eat in the rooftop mission was a success. I survived, yay.
One single element troubled my day's proceedings though. That element was Miles Morales. He seemed cool, genuinely but I don't know what his intention are with me. But in the end I think I made him understand I'm not too friendly.

I returned to my dorm and opened the door not expecting to meet another person sitting on the desk.

Oh... um hey. I greeted seeing she was doing her nails.

Hi, you must be my new roommate, I'm Cindy. Cindy Moon. She said with a little smile.

I might want to tell her my name at least. If I have to communicate with one person here, it's surely her..

I'm Gwen Stacy. I smiled back.

Gwen Stacy ? Why do I feel like I've seen you somewhere ? She mumbled.
My blood froze and I cleared my throat immediately trying to change the topic.

Oh don't bother thinking about it, Gwen Stacy is a pretty common name.. I said with a fake chuckle. Well, I'm going to... I'm going out, I need some air...! I made a U-turn and closed the door behind me. I should go buy something to drink... there's a grocery store close to the school.

I started to walk out when my phone began to ring. It was my father, of course, who else could it be ? To be honest he is my only contact.

Hey dad. I answered

Hello butterfly, how was your first day of school ? He asked in a low tone, he sounded tired.

Fine. Nothing special... I replied.

Okay... did you make any friends ? I didn't have the opportunity to answer as his yawn cut me off.

Dad, you're obviously tired you should rest. I said firmly. I hate it when he overworks himself, he was like that when mom passed away and it all ended up in the hospital. I was young at the time, and I was scared to lose my father.

Oh it's nothing don't worry sweetheart. He said with a little chuckle. I rolled my eyes.

It's not nothing dad. If you don't sleep at least 8 hours at night I will comeback by myself and force you to sleep. I said and it made him laugh. It wasn't suppose to be funny..

Alright alright... it's just... it's weird to not have you around so I figured I should work more to avoid feeling lonely... he confessed and my heart sting. I miss him so much, and I don't want him to be sick because he misses me too.

If it makes you feel better... I feel lonely too dad, you know you're the only one I have left so... not being around you is weird... I said in a whisper, but I know he heard me, I could practically hear his smile from here.

You should change that. Make a lot of friends Gwen, make the most of your last 2 years of high school. The world counts multiple amazing people I'm sure you will like, and they'll like you the same. He said and my thoughts immediately went to a certain Miles Morales, and a Pavitr giving me a little smile. "They were funny..." I thought. Well... I'll leave you to your activities... love you. He said.

love you too... I answered before hanging up.