Afterword

Aaaaand this is the end of Yeju and Lia's journey. Thank you so much for reading it all the way. It means a lot. <3

This story has come a long way since its conception. As weird as it sounds, the two main characters are actually representations of myself (albeit very much exaggerated). Lia is a representation of past me—young, carefree, so much energy, and a people pleaser in the worst way possible. On the other hand, Yeju is a representation of the older me—jaded, tired, and so ready to be done with everything. So in a way, I guess this story is me trying to love every version of myself? The good and the bad, the failures and the attempts to improve...

Neither Yeju nor Lia is perfect. And like them, I'm not perfect. But one does not need to be perfect to be loved. We are all deserving of love. <3 I hope this story is able to show that.

Alright, enough of my sappiness. Time for some shameless promotion.

If you've not already caught on, this story is an indirect sequel to my book, Cherry On Top, a story centering RJ and Chloe (summary posted at the end of the chapter). That story is simpler and fluffier—a romanticization and gayification of my high school days in Singapore. Please do check it out!

I also have a buuuunch of completed books up on my profile that I believe you would love too! Especially if you want more gxg stuff to read. The descriptions of them are in my bio.

Lastly, if you loved this book and would love to tip me for my work, I've linked my Ko-Fi in this in-line. If you subscribe to me, you will also get early access to my next project which I've begun to write. All proceeds will go directly into caffeine to help me write more. ;)

And that's all folks. Peace out and have a great day. <3

****

Summary

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Summary

A forbidden relationship with the most popular girl in school is the last thing Chloe Lee expects when she begins bartending. Especially when she doesn't even realize she's gay herself.

Desperate for money for her mother's surgery, Singaporean student Chloe Lee illegally serves drinks at a local bar. When equally underage RJ Shin--the richest and most popular girl in school--shows up as a customer, they already have something in common.

Their fateful encounter sends both their lives out of control. Chloe's money-making plan is soon derailed by RJ's insistent involvement, a growing hostility at work, and an unfortunate entanglement with RJ's family's politics. Worst of all, Chloe is slowly discovering her sexuality as she falls for RJ. Hard. Suddenly, sacrificing everything for money is no longer an easy choice to make.

As secrets unveil and feelings surface, Chloe is forced to reevaluate her life goals and decide what she is willing to sacrifice for love--and what she must sacrifice for herself. If she holds on to more than she can take, she might end up losing everything she values.

Life is hard, but love is harder.