Ch. 6: A Car Ride

"Hi, Amity." Luz said, "What can I do for you?"

"We'll, I was just wondering if you're not busy this evening, would you like to perhaps hang out a bit?" Amity asked with a slight blush appearing on her cheeks.

Luz also started to blush.

"O-o-oh. That's... that... I would love, LIKE! I would like that!"

"Great! So.... do you I want to ride back with me? My car is just out front." Amity said as she gestured to the front of the zoo.

"S-Sure." Luz said with a nod.

'God, if this is your doing, I don't know whether to thank you or curse you!' Luz thought as she and Amity walked the parking lot together.

"So, where do you live exactly?" Luz asked.

"I live in an apartment about 20 minutes from the zoo. The rent is good, and the commute is very peaceful." Amity replied.

"Neat." Luz said, knowing this is awkward.

"Yeah, so where do you live?" Amity asked.

"I live in a house about thirty minutes North. My mom and I have lived in it since moving here." Luz said.

"Sounds nice." Amity said, trying to work up the nerve, "Do you... ever think about moving out?"

"Moving out?" Luz asked.

"Not that there's anything wrong with living with you mother! I'm just curious if you ever wanted to move to a new place." Amity said with a slight panic.

"Oh. Well yeah, it has popped up in my mind every now and then but where would I move?" Luz asked as she tapped her lip. "There's not many places I can move in a zookeeper's salary. You're lucky to have found that apartment. Not to mention that California is the third most expensive state to live in."

"Well... I was thinking... maybe moving in... with me?" Amity asked, "Only if you want to!"

"Move in with you?!" Luz asked in surprise as her blush brightened before she composed herself! "T-T-That sounds great! Logically, having a roommate would mean more rent money, pleasant company, and twice as many people to do the housework! I.... I think it would be nice, if your landlord is okay with it!"

'She didn't say no, YES!' Amity thought.

"My landlord wouldn't have any problem with it, and I DO have an extra room that's just used to store a few things, if you DO want to be roommates." Amity said as they reached the exit of the zoo.

"Well... uh... let's see our... your! Let's see YOUR apartment." Luz said.

"Y-y-yeah." Amity said.

Amity got her car keys out and unlocked the car.

"Wow. Nice car." Luz said, gazing Amity's lime green Prius.

"Thanks. My parents got it for me when I turned 19, been taking care of if ever since." Amity said as she got in the driver's seat.

Luz got in the passenger seat and Amity started it up. Girl In Red started playing, embarrassing Amity.

"Wow, I didn't know you liked Girl In Red." Luz said, "She's my favorite Indie artist."

"She's... she's my favorite too." Amity said, as she started to drive.

The same taste in music, another thing that made both of them love each other more! It was a nice ride before they made it to the apartment building.

"Well, here we are." Amity said, parking the car in the car park.

Amity and Luz got out of the car and got into the elevator.

"So... this will be... interesting. I've never had anyone over before."

"Really? Well, I'm honored to be your first house guest." Luz said with a smile as looked at the buttons. "Which floor do you live on?"

"5th floor." Amity said as Luz nodded and pushed the button.