Ch. 9: We're Official

When she was done. She got dressed in her uniform, it always smelled like animals, so it doesn't matter if it gets washed. She walked into the kitchen and saw Amity at the table. She hasn't dressed yet, so she was still in her bra and panties. Not that Luz minded it, she loved the sight of it.

"I hope you enjoy Jewish food." Amity said.

"I'm enjoying the view more." Luz said, "So, are we girlfriends, or are we just friends with benefits?"

"Girlfriends, if that's fine with you. I never liked that "friends with benefits" thing. It seems like a relationship devoid of any emotions." Amity said as she looked to Luz. "I meant what I said to you last night, I really do love you and want to be with you."

"Well then, I think my girlfriend should get ready for work." Luz said, "Did you hear that the new exhibit is almost done and we're getting the new animals today?"

"Yes, I did. I wonder what kind of animal they'll be." Amity said as they began eating breakfast.

"Well, I've already been told that I'm involved in moving them into the quarantine pen near the vet clinic. That's where they'll be while it's getting the final touches done, so they can get monitored away from public eyes."

"Well, I'm just the giraffe keeper and occasional tour guide, don't really get involved with this stuff." Amity said.

"I know but don't worry. I can tell you about once the new animals are moved into their habitat." Luz said as she took a bite of latka.

"Oh, these are good." Luz said.

"I can't wait for you to try the Dairy Free, flourless, eggless chocolate cake my mom taught me to make." Amity said, "I used to get it every year for my adoption day."

"Oh god, I'm imagining it melting in my mouth, right now." Luz said with a dreamy look.

"Alright, you eat up, I'm going to get ready for work." Amity said.

Amity had eaten her food a bit quicker than Luz and was halfway finished before she got up and walked to the bathroom, feeling Luz's eyes on her as she left.

'We need to be official soon because THAT needs to be mine.' Luz thought as she watched Amity leave.

It didn't take long for Amity to finish getting ready and return, where she grabbed two bags and handed one to Luz.

"I made us salad for lunch, hope you don't mind." Amity said.

"I love it." Luz said, "And let me be the first to say this so we're official. Amity Anderson, will you be my girlfriend?"

Amity smiled as she blushed nodding to Luz as she hugged her.

"Yes! I would love to." Amity said.

"Great, and we could have our first date this weekend, if that's fine." Luz said as she hugged back.

"It would be amazing!" Amity said, before noticing the clock, "We need to go soon, let's put the plates in the sink and let them set, I'll do them when I get back tonight."

"You mean when we get back." Luz corrected.

This surprised Amity but still made her happy! Luz wanted to move in with her!

"Now let's get going. Don't want to be late." Luz said.

Amity nodded as they exited the apartment, locking the door and heading to Amity's Prius to drive to work.

"Ready for another wonderful day of work?"

"Every day of every week." Luz said.