Ch. 8: Shower Thoughts

The next morning, Luz and Amity woke up on the couch. After an amazing night of passion, feelings long since held back before they were finally said, they two couldn't bother to move from each other's embrace with a blanket that was used for the couch used for them. Luz felt Amity's light breath coming from her nose, feeling warm on her bare chest.

"Good morning, my love." Luz said.

"Good morning yourself." Amity said as she looked up to Luz.

"Want me to start making breakfast?" Amity asked, "I can make you some traditional Jewish food."

"Well, as long as it's vegetarian, I'm fine with that." Luz said.

"Well, I'm vegetarian, so it will be."

That was another tally that made them love each other more, they were both vegetarians! Amity got up and put her bra and underwear on, which she was sure were Luz's, but she didn't care. She walked to the kitchen and started cooking. She had Challah so she decided to make French Toast with it, along with heating up the Potato Latkes she was going to have for dinner before... well, you know. The thought of last night made her blush but smile fondly. It was one of the best nights Amity had and she looked forward to more of them, especially since Luz LOVED the idea of being roommates.

"Alright, where's the shower in this place?" Luz asked, "I smell like an animal."

"Well, we do work at a zoo." Amity said, "It's down the hall, last door on the left."

Luz nodded to her as she went exactly where Amity said, finding a nice bathroom with a shower and tub combination, a single sink/cabinet in the middle, and a toilet next to a towel closest.

"Not bad." Luz said, "Definitely better than the bathroom I had at home."

It was official, Luz was going to move in with her new girlfriend. Though it would be hard to explain how she decided to move in with Amity AND become her girlfriend in a single night. Especially if her mother gave her a smug expression that said, "I knew you loved her."

"She's never going to let me live that down." Luz said.

Luz went to the tub shower combo and turned on the water before stepped in. A nice hot shower could help Luz compose her thoughts. She had a girlfriend and lost her virginity in one night. How was she going to tell her mom that? Did her and Amity even agree to being girlfriends, or are they just friends with benefits? Luz was fine with it either way. Then came the big problem. Does she tell Amity about her power?

'If I do, will she still see me as Luz or.... as a freak?' Luz thought as she let the water hit her head.

Luz's thoughts went wild, thinking about what might happen. She decided to keep it a secret for now, wait until she's certain that Amity won't freak out.

'I'll tell her when the time is right.' Luz thought as she proceeded with her shower.