Chapter four

Tommy had watched as the hero's gaze fixated on his leg, expression morphed into one of pure confusion and worry. Shortly after, the realisation of what happened seemed to have hit the winged man in front of him fully since he rushed out of the room and into the hallway, presumably to get a nurse or a doctor which left the blonde teen to his thoughts (and pain). The teen hadn't quite understood why the hero was with him in this room, or how he got there in the first place. Vague memories of walking up a set of stairs crossed his inner eye, where they had led to or where exactly those stairs had been, though? He couldn't remember which left him to think about it while waiting for the hero to return (which Tommy assumed he definitely would, there was no way a hero was with him in a hospital room without reason).

As far as his memories went the blonde teen had not gone out to patrol the night before since he had work and really didn't feel like getting his arse beat while still experiencing the aftermath of the little meeting he had with Angel and Phantom, so the possibility of the winged hero being here for his vigilante persona was unlikely. And as much as it calmed Tommy to know that he was somewhat safe from them at the given moment it threw even more questions into his head. A shiver ran down his back, reminding the boy that his upper body was completely exposed and that the fever he experienced earlier at work was probably still present. It was then that he noticed little drops of water running down his neck and over his back, shivers once again shaking his entire body. Lifting his hand to his forehead he carefully removed a wet towel, wondering who put it there he carefully wrapped it around his right forearm. While he despised not having the cooling effect on his head anymore he'd rather not get even more ill than he already was due to cold water running down, he could catch another cold (even though deep down he knew more than enough about the whole you could catch a cold if you stay out too long in cold weather and everything remotely close to that statement was dumb since the cold does not cause a cold but rather little bacteria but who was he to judge the people believing such stuff). That would've been cold square and by Prime, he really did not want to have to deal with that.

Eventually, the winged hero returned, a rather small nurse beside him. Said nurse stepped forwards immediately and carefully poked around the bruise with one finger, ignoring the way the boy flinched and hissed in pain.

"You said the bruise just reappeared?"

"Yes, seemingly out of nowhere." The hero sounded stressed the complete opposite of the nurse who just turned around to walk out of the room once again, leaving both the boy and hero baffled. It was almost hilarious, the hero's expression (or what little Tommy could figure out through the mask) changed from seemingly concerned, to puzzled to absolutely furious.

If that nurse wouldn't return within the next thirty seconds they'd probably get killed, Tommy was sure of that.

Lucky for them the nurse returned shortly after, a small bottle of pills in her hands. It was only then that Tommy noticed the red beanie sitting on top of their shoulder-length brown hair, a rather odd fashion style for someone who was supposed to be a medical professional.

They poured three pills into their hand before handing them over to Tommy, not even waiting for the boy to speak up. They turned around again to grab a small paper cup from the sink nearby, filling it with water before handing the cup over as well.

"Painkillers, you'll need 'em." They supplied after the questioning look both Tommy and Angel shot them. "You might not feel it right now 'cause it seems you're still kind of out of it with this whole fever 'n stuff but it'll hit you full force later on."

"What even happened? The bruise was supposed to stay away, Ponk healed him after all," Angel spoke up again, watching as the young teen carefully swallowed each pill separately.