Chapter eight

Technoblade was pissed, not only had his patrol been more than stressful with three hostage situations, a mugging near Pogtopia and some dude trying to stab him. Now it also had to end with a severely scared and now shaking teenager who had clearly been abused by someone. And judging by the way the kid tensed up upon mentioning the injuries the person was likely still free running around, something which Techno really didn't like.

The voices had demanded blood the second his scarlet eyes fell on the bruised throat, had gotten even louder with their demands once the piglin got a better look at the teen's nose and he had been barely able to control himself as he spotted blood running down Tommy's arm, the origin a large, fresh cut.

"Who did this?" He asked the boy again, watching as the kid shuffled from one leg to the other, pointedly ignoring the hero's gaze. Tommy had then started to ramble about him being stupid, running into a door (again?) and that the bruises and new injuries didn't come from anyone specific but were rather a result of his own stupidity, something that the piglin wouldn't have believed without knowing about the attack earlier at his shop.

"Tommy, running into a door does not result in hand-shaped bruises around your throat, you look like someone choked you!" At this point frustration had slipped into his tone, unbeknown to the hero himself and his mind had been nothing but red, the voices demanded blood, hell, he wanted to draw the person's blood. How dare they lay a hand on the teen-

"-ease I'm sorry I'm sorry please don't-"

Blinking once, twice, the hero quickly realised that in his state of sheer rage, he had drawn his sword in an attempt to protect the kid from whoever might have hurt him. The teen had interpreted it in a different way though, backing away as far as possible and now cowering on the ground, eyes wide in terror. Immediately the hero put the sword away, the screeching sound of metal gliding back into its sheath made the blonde teen flinch but it also showed him that there was no longer a threat through the sword.

"I didn't mean to scare you," Techno said, crouching down a little with his hands in the air, "I got carried away by my thoughts, I'm sorry."

"You didn't scare me, bitch," Tommy sniffled, the bark he was used to by the kid returning, "you just caught me off guard, 's all."

"Sure, let's go with that." Techno wasn't convinced at all but if it meant the boy would stop trembling he'd go along with it. Reaching out a hand he waited for the boy to grab it only to find the blonde swatting his hand away and leaning even further into the wall and away from the hero.

"You know the deal, Tommy." The piglin said, narrowing his eyes at the teen.

"Yes I'm aware for Prime's sake, just give a man a minute to calm down after such a scare, will ya?"

"So I did scare you."

"Your fucking sword sure did, not you specifically." The blonde teen hissed, bearing his teeth. An odd gesture which made the hero think about his documents again, there were no hybrid traits mentioned and yet the kid acted like some kind of animal hybrid. Almost like a feral racoon, his mind supplied in Wilbur's voice.

"Usually kids like my sword." He muttered, getting back to full height and waiting for the teen to do the same, eyes never leaving the bruised throat.

"Yea, well, I'm not a kid and the last tim-" Tommy cut himself off, his jaw clicking shut with an audible noise.

"Continue." Techno narrowed his eyes at the teen again who was now pointedly ignoring the hero, getting on his feet he took in a deep inhale before looking at the man again. Was he implying that he had been threatened with a sword before? Who would threaten a literal child or even teenager with a sword? Techno sure as hell hadn't, not even the various vigilantes he was tasked to capture, they were all misguided teens and didn't deserve the traumatising experience that came with being impaled or even just injured with a sword. He may have some questionable morals but not even he would go as far as to threaten a literal kid with a sword or any weapon for that matter, not if he had an active say in it.