Chapter six

To say Techno had been confused would be an understatement. After some more arguing with the blonde teen about him showing the hero his injuries they had managed to come to an agreement, Tommy would come to the tower with Techno and together they'd go to the medical floor where either the piglin or one of the medics would check over him quickly and then Techno would bring him back home. That was mainly due to the fact that the hero had to explain to his family that he purposefully did not call them over after finding the boy while also explaining that he'd make sure that Tommy got proper treatment without having to stay at the hospital.

The blonde teen had assured him that there weren't any checks necessary today and he'd wait for the hero to collect him later that week but the way he phrased it had sounded too much like he was hiding more injuries so instead of agreeing Techno decided to collect him the following day, personally that is. Which had now left him to the rest of his patrol and his thoughts, while he had been convinced that the blonde boy was an actual adult prior to this interaction and the interaction his teammates had with him, he now hadn't been too sure about it anymore. Phil had already done a background check but found nothing concerning, a regular family and documents which had looked real enough for no one to give them a second glance.

A powerless young adult with parents employed in a well-known corporation who had always been busy, resulting in him living alone early on in his adulthood, it screamed negligence but there had been nothing the heroes or government could do about it (as if the government would've done anything about it anyways). It had also gotten rid of their prior assumptions of abuse since one look into his housing records showed that the teen never once got a noise complaint or anything like that and that he, in fact, very much lived alone, so no parents or roommates could potentially hurt him.

After the little talk Phil and Ponk had, however, the piglin started questioning the documents, digging further into the systems and even managed to get Tubbo to look into classified information about his parents and internal data from the corporation they worked in. Nothing was out of order, apart from one messed-up date. Tommy's Birthdate.

A single document which had said that Tommy was born two years later than every other document had said, saying he was 16 and not 18. It could've easily been a single mistake, data had to sometimes be processed manually and humans are bound to make mistakes. And yet. Suspicion was sparked.

The remainder of his patrol went by quickly and without many calls, a robbery near central, a little fight near Kinoko Kingdom's border and a false call which had turned out to be a simple argument between two drunks instead of an actual dangerous fight. Techno had huffed, watching as the two people shrunk on themselves once he had showed up, muttering slurred apologies about being that loud and promising to be quieter before stumbling out of the alley he had found them. Sighing, the piglin then went back to the tower, keeping track of every single hero that walked in and out of HQ. Asmodeus gave him a quick wave, a huge smile plastered on his face which the pink-haired man matched underneath his mask. Despite the fact that Asmodeus couldn't see it Techno was sure that he knew he was smiling, a quick nod towards him showing the merling that he had noticed his greeting.

The ride in the elevator was long and excruciating, thinking about how he'd explain to his family that, yes, he had found the boy and, yes, he did not contact them or a hospital nearby. Stepping out of the elevator he was greeted by both Wilbur and Phil standing in the living area, both wearing grim expressions.

"Any luck?" Phil asked once he spotted Techno, wings fluffing up a little.

"You could say that," the piglin muttered, pointedly ignoring the questioning looks his teammates threw at him.

"Techno."

"Phil."

"Mind explaining what that means?"