Chapter 21 (Part 2 of 2)

“Alpha Mine”

2013 Copyright © All Rights Reserved

Edited By: LadyDawn

Chapter 21 (Part 2 of 2)

“Hey man,” Jason scrambled to his feet, “why are you asking me about my birthmark? What is it to you?”

Aiden turned his head and glanced over at the boy. He was not about to get in the middle of this. He would take the kids home, tell his brother what he saw and let Jared deal with it. He did not sign up for this kind of shit.

“It means nothing,” he finally told him. Then he sighed after suddenly he seemed to realize that the pup was still standing on the side of the highway in his birthday suit. They all needed to get the hell out of here before some poor unsuspecting human drove by and saw something that they really shouldn’t.

Before Jason could ask any more questions Aiden pointed at him. “You know you can’t walk around here like that, right? It’s not only against Pack Law; it’s against the humans too.”

Jason looked down, took a good look at his nude form and cursed. He’d been so wound about the Rafe revelation that he lost his head and went stupid. He knew better than to risk his identity like this; it’s just that when it came to Dava, he seemed to lose his mind.

“Look, I’m heading to the Lumbee Pack,” Aiden cut in sharply. “It’s the closest one in the area. Why don’t you shift and I’ll give you a ride.”

Jason looked like he seriously wanted to argue with him when the whine of an engine caught his attention. Time was up. He would have preferred to run home in his wolf form but this particular fellow, whoever the hell he was, didn’t look like he was going to give an inch.

“I don’t have all day,” Aiden added and at the same time he tilted his head towards the road letting the pup know he was hearing the same noise getting closer.

Jason didn’t have a choice. He let the magic of the change sweep over him. One minute he was standing on two legs and now he was standing on four. He stretched his legs and rolled his neck. His slate grey wolf larger than most of the wolves in the pack, the exception being the alpha.

“Let’s go,” Aiden snapped. He didn't waste any more time before spinning around and heading back towards his truck. It was going to be an interesting homecoming he thought to himself wryly, interesting indeed.

Aiden was only about ten feet from the truck when he heard the first low-level growl. He stopped in his tracks. Raising his head he looked up and saw the alpha pup standing on all fours, his lips peeled back, bearing his pointed canine teeth.

Another low-level growl just as menacing came from behind him.

He glanced back over his shoulder to see the other pup that he tackled on the roadway. It took Aiden less than a minute to understand what was going on.Logan had told him that the other pup wanted to claim Dava. The alpha pup had to have known that too. He would not want his new mate being around another unattached male; especially one that tried to claim her as his own.

The fact that he could be her sister was a moot point. None of them knew the two could possibly be twins and he wasn’t about to be the first one to tell them either.

The alpha pup jumped out of the back of the truck and took up sentry in front of him. He growled again and Aiden could almost feel the alpha power radiating from him.Interesting, he thought to himself, considering how young the pup was.

The alpha’s pup growl didn’t do unanswered thought. The pup behind him snarled and took another step closer. He should’ve known that the two testosterone hyped males were going to butt heads.