Chapter 29 (Part 2 of 2)

“Alpha Mine”

2013 Copyright © All Rights Reserved

Edited by: LadyDawn

Chapter 29  (Part 2 of 2)

“This is unacceptable!”

"She isn’t even an original!”

“We can’t have a turned as a Luna! That’s ludicrous!”

“Our pack is going to be the laughing stock if she is all we have to represent us!”

“This is an outrage.”  

“No, it’s complete insanity is what it is and I for one won’t accept it!”

Dava pushed closer into Adam’s side.  She felt his arm tighten protectively around her shoulders. Every person in the room were now on their feet and yelling at the top of their lungs.  Fingers were pointing in her direction and insult after insult were hurled her way.

She knew this was a bad idea.  No one would ever accept her as an Alpha’s mate. The twin mark that she bore didn’t even matter.  The pack would always see her as the pitiful broken little girl that their head enforcer took pity on and raised.  She was nothing to them.  

The voices started to get louder, more frantic.  She felt like the walls of the small room they were in were closing in on her. Her heart galloped wildly in her chest as the panic inside of her started to grow in intensity. She felt could barely breathe.

“Adam?” she croaked, wanting nothing more than to disappear.

Dava winced when she felt something pelt her in the back of the head. Looking down she saw the remnants of a half-eaten apple core. She jerked her head to the side when someone else yanked hard on the back of her hair, leaving her scalp with a painful stinging.

Adam pulled her in front of him and encased her in his large arms.  “We need to get out of here,” he all but growled in her ear.

No shit, she thought to herself.  She didn’t want to be here in the first place.

But they couldn’t move.  They were packed in this room like a can of sardines. Everywhere she turned, someone was touching her, pushing her, pulling on her. There was no escape.  

Feeling trapped she gasped when someone stomped down hard on her foot.

Her tender skin throbbing, Dava fought back the tears that sprang in her eyes. With all the commotion going on around her she couldn’t tell who had done it but with the force that had been used on her small foot, she had not doubt in her mind that it had been done purposefully.

Shaming her wasn’t enough. The pack disliked her so much that they would rather hurt her then see her mate with their future Alpha.  

Behind her she heard the unmistakable sound of Adam’s deep warning growl as his arms tightened around her.

The room suddenly went silent again. “Touch her, you die,” he announced.  His voice a deadly calm against the strained tension filling the room.

“We will never let this stand. She doesn’t even have status.  She is a turned for chrissakes. Your father will not approve of her.” A pack member that Adam couldn’t see spoke up from the back of the room.  

“I rightly don’t give a fuck about what my father approves of.  The mating is done.  Dava is mine and I won’t stand here and listen to you disrespect her like this. That is my final say.”  He turned and glared at Council Elderman. “Are you going to sanction the mating or not?”