Chapter 7, Part 1

“Alpha Mine”

2012 Copyright All Rights Reserved

Chapter 7- Part 1

Dava fumbled with her keys as she tried to push them into the ignition. She could sense that her wolf felt confused and torn. There was no way that she could have refused the order of her Alpha when he told her to leave.

But then on the other hand, there was something deep down inside of her that was urging her to stay. She couldn’t explain it, wasn’t even sure she wanted to for that matter. And then to further add to her confusion, Adam, for some reason that she couldn’t fathom, declared her as his mate.

Me, Dava Morale as an alpha’s mate.

She heard herself say it in her head and it still didn’t make it seem any more real that it did the first time she heard Adam say it.

Sitting in the small confines of the car, Dava suddenly felt like everything was suddenly closing in on her. It couldn’t be possible she told herself; there was no way that Adam could have been serious about what he said.

She was a turned- a nobody really, well no one that was important anyways and she were generally happy being herself. She had long since accepted it. She was more than grateful to be adopted in to the Lumbee pack and she loved her parents with everything that she had in her. But, she was still a turned. There was just no wayhe could have been serious about his declaration. No way in hell.

But he was. She knew he was because she saw the determination glinting in his eyes before she ran out of his house with her tail tucked between her legs.

“I am so screwed,” she muttered aloud, finally managing to get the right key in the ignition. She turned it over and the car started with its familiar purr. Jerking the gear into reverse, she slowly started to back out of the driveway. She had known that coming to this party was a stupid idea. She should have put her foot down and told her parents that she didn’t want to come. They may not see her for the turned wolf that she is but everyone else does. There was no getting around that little fact either.

Then there was the elder’s council too. They would never stand for Adams little declaration to her neither and no pack with decent status would ever respect him for taking a turned like her as a mate. Especially, when he had such an array of blue blooded choices to choose from to begin with. It would simply never work.

There was only one thing that she could do. She had to make him withdraw the declaration. She had to make Adam take his words back and choose someone else, someone better than her, someone like… Blake.

She groaned, just thinking about him and Blake together made her chest hurt and that was a whole other conundrum on its own. Why did she care?

Was she flattered with Adams declaration? Yes.

Did she feel all warm and fuzzy inside when he looked straight into her eyes and told her that he was declaring her as a mate? That would be another yes.

But could she in good conscious let him make the biggest mistake of his life by actually claiming her as a mate. That was a big fat NO! She couldn’t do it, and she wouldn’t do it.

With her mind firmly made up, Dava pulled cautiously out into the street. It was then that she made the mistake of glancing up in her rear view mirror. She gasped. There he was, standing at the bottom of the porch. His narrowed eyes looked intense and those intense black orbs were focused solely on her.

“Crap,” she muttered and stomped her foot down as hard as she could on the gas petal. She knew what that look meant. There was a resolve firmly set in his features.She should have known that doing the right thing wouldn't be so easy. Mr. Alpha's son had just made it known that hewas now the hunter and she had just become his prey.

Double crap.