jiang yanli x reader 🌺࿐

▶ Requested by no one

▶ FLUFF

▶ Gender neutral reader - pronouns being used are they/them

[F/C] - favourite color 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"SURPRISE~" [Y/N] yelled excitedly, a large grin on their face. 

At the same time Jiang Yanli yelled, "Happy 2nd anniversary!" 

They both stared at each other; Yanli had a lovely bouquet of [F/C] flowers while [Y/N] had gotten three bouquets, one pink, one red, and one purple. 

They stared some more before Yanli's face erupted into a bright mess of red and pink while [Y/N] burst into quiet giggles. 

They were both really flustered. 

It took the Jiang girl quite a while to calm her thundering heart and melt, blushing face. 

[Y/N] had stopped giggling and was just getting redder by the minute. 

"I- um I wasn't expecting flowers..." [Y/N] muttered. 

"I wasn't expecting you to give me flowers either..." Yanli admitted. "I thought you'd get me some candy or a lovely handmade journal like you did last year." 

"I thought you'd make me something like a cake... Or just not get me anything." 

"Of course I'd get you something!" Yanli immediately said. "I would never not get you anything! This anniversary means a lot to both of us." 

[Y/N]'s blush deepened. "Welll.... I may I have thought this was our 3rd anniversary... not 2nd..." 

Yanli smiled, absolutely delighted (once she got over her flustered state from before). "Is that why there's three bouquets?" 

"...yes..." 

"Well, there's nothing wrong with that. I'm more than happy to have three! Even one would have been enough." 

[Y/N] smiled shyly back. They struggled to keep ahold of all the bouquets. "I guess next year I'll have to get four." 

"Yes," their girlfriend giggled. "Why don't we trade?" 

[Y/N] took the [F/C] bouquet from the Jiang and gave their three to her.

"These smell lovely." Yanli commented. (I hate the smell of flowers lmaoo) 

"Yes," [Y/N] agreed. 

Yanli leaned forward and kissed their lips. 

"Thank you my darling." 

[Y/N]'s face immediately became an alarming shade of red. "Y-your welcome... love..." 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▶ I know MC is gender neutral but this inspired off the fact that men don't really receive flowers until they're dead

▶ Inspired by my friend and their partner because I had to third wheel them recently and they were so sickeningly in love it hurt 

▶ Yanli feels so ooc :')

Completed : 3/26/2024