Omae Umasou da na

Part Three

Narrator POV

When the sun started to rise to bring about the new day, Angie slowly transformed back into Star the T-Rex. Although it was morning, Star was still tired and stayed asleep for a little while longer.

And as she slept, Baku decided to pay her a little visit. Thankfully the visit was on friendly terms since, the two of them met over two years ago.

As Baku walked over to Star's cave, he could see that she was still sleeping. So being the gentle-dino that he is, Baku carefully nudged his snout against Star's cheek.

Luckily that completely did the trick since Star is a light sleeper. Well only when she's not over the rails tired.

"Hm oh Baku it's you. Hehe I wasn't expecting to see you today. What brings you by here?" Star questions as she gets up.

*yawns softly and gets up*

"Good morning Star I've just wanted to see how you are doing since it's been awhile and I wanted to talk to you about Heart." Baku says as he sits down.

As Star sits up to talk to Baku, she can't help but remember how they met. Thankfully it was on good terms otherwise, both rexes would be enemies with each other.

"So Baku what is it that you would like to discuss about Heart?" Star asks as she looks at the sky.

"Well besides the fact that he's been hunting in my territory every now and again but, I'm very much impressed with how well you trained him.

I do regret not being able to change your mind about training the young rexes under my command." Baku says as he hands Star a chunk of meat.

"Ah yes I'm well aware that Heart is being a little bit hardheaded when it comes to hunting for food but, he will learn one day.

Although as much as I would have liked to train your little group, I'm afraid it's completely out of the question Baku.

You know more better than anyone else why I chose to train Heart instead of the young bloods." Star says as she eats her food.

Baku couldn't exactly argue with her there since, Star was a well known legend around the northeastern regions. And her story spreads far and wide to many carnivores that admire her.

Even some of the herbivores consider Star to be a good T-Rex since, she's saved a lot of innocent lives. However, if a carnivore wants to learn from her, then they must be worthy of her teachings like Heart is.

"Hm I understand Star but please do try to keep Heart under control at least, and I will do my best to keep the youngsters in line." Baku says as he gets up and leaves.

"I will do my best Baku but, I can't guarantee anything." Star says as she sees Baku leave.

Star's POV

A few minutes after Baku left my territory, I hear Umasou's voice coming closer which means Heart is also close by. As I look to my right, the both of them were coming up the trail to meet me.

"Hi mom it's good to see you again!" Umasou says excitedly.

"It's good to see you too Umasou- wait did you just call me mom?"

"Hehehe sorry Star but, I guess ever since you saved him from falling, you automatically became his mom." Heart explains as he lowers his head.

"It's okay Heart besides it's probably best for there to be two parents instead of one. Anyway let's hurry get Umasou something to eat, I bet he's really hungry right now."