Chapter 4

Keagan bid farewell to the suffocating confines of his former workplace. With resolute determination, he implored the enigmatic System to guide him to where he was to go next.

"Hello, system?"

"Yes, how can I be of service?"

"You said my task was to begin in 4 hours' time and I had to prepare, so where do heroes prepare for these kinds of tasks."

"Certainly, I can guide you,"

The augmented materialized in front of him, he walked up to the park benches to have a better look at the interface.

"Navigate through the central hub and select weaponry and equipment, there you will have the option to visit the Hero central hub to purchase and upgrade your items. As you can see as of now you have 0 items. Once you click on one of the shops you will be transported there to make your purchase,"

"Wow, this is like one of those fantasy games I used to play while I was a kid," Keagan told himself as he selected the nearest shop closest to him.

Through an ethereal doorway that materialized before his eyes, Keagan stepped into an otherworldly sanctuary. His senses tingled with anticipation as he found himself amidst a gathering of remarkable individuals, their eyes fixated on a colossal screen radiating a vibrant spectacle.

Keagan's gaze ascended, drawn inexorably towards the awe-inspiring spectacle unfolding above. Two figures clashed with unfathomable might amidst a sprawling cityscape, skyscrapers quaking and tumbling in their wake. The air vibrated with the reverberations of their titanic struggle, echoing the resolute determination etched upon their faces.

Within the colossal hall, a sea of heroes stood transfixed, their voices resounding in an uproarious chorus of shouts and cheers. The magnitude of the moment was palpable, the atmosphere charged with electric anticipation. Keagan found himself captivated by the scene, unable to tear his eyes away from the mesmerizing display of power and valor.

Curiosity tugged at Keagan's core, compelling him to seek understanding amidst the fervor surrounding him. He turned to the System, his voice brimming with intrigue.

"System, what's that?" he inquired, longing to grasp the significance of the clash before him.

The System's response reverberated within his consciousness, "That is the biggest fight to happen in a while, it was a fight between the no.12 hero and the elusive no.8 hero," the system answered.

As a passerby brushed past Keagan, their hurried footsteps unapologetically jostling him, he stood unwavering. The distraction failed to divert his gaze from the screen, his admiration undimmed as the no.12 hero triumphed over their formidable adversary. The grand hall erupted in a crescendo of cheers, echoing the aspirations deep within Keagan's heart.

At that moment, a profound yearning swelled within him, the yearning to someday stand among those esteemed heroes. He nurtured an unspoken desire to partake in battles of such magnitude, to emerge victorious.

Though surrounded by a multitude of heroes, Keagan felt a kinship with those who forged their paths through adversity. The resolute determination etched upon their faces mirrored the fire that burned within him, igniting the spark of his own heroic journey.

Guided by the System's voice, Keagan ventured deeper into Hero hub, searching for whatever suited him.

Taking his place at one of the stalls, Keagan found himself surrounded by an astonishing assortment of weaponry and gear suspended in mid-air along the kiosk walls. Intriguing collectibles adorned the glass case before him, capturing fragments of heroic history. One such item, a torn cape from the battle of the river, caught his eye, a tangible relic of valor that belonged to the former number 6 hero, as it stated on a tag hanging above the item.