➣ four.

04. | EX-BEST FRIEND

CORALINE was sitting in her room on the Black Pearl, polishing her sword

CORALINE was sitting in her room on the Black Pearl, polishing her sword. She was going to go to Ursula's Fish & Chips because that's when Uma was going to propose a deal to Mal, but she opted out since she didn't really want to see Mal.

As she was polishing her sword, she heard a knock on the door. Assuming it was Harry since he had said he was going to stop by, she answered, "Come in."

However, the person who entered wasn't Harry. It was Deimos. Coraline raised an eyebrow. "What are you doing here?"

"To talk to you," Deimos replied with his arms crossed. "Why are you apart of Uma's crew?"

Setting her sword aside, Coraline answered, "Because I wanted to."

"But why?" Deimos asked. "Could you give me an actual answer? I want to know why you would join her crew."

Coraline chuckled. "Is it an issue that I did?"

"Yes. Yes, it is," Deimos nodded. "How can you be on there side all of a sudden? You always went on about how Harry was the most annoying piece of shit on the face of the planet."

"Well, people can change, can't they, Raven?" Coraline said. "You certainly and obviously have."

"Well, yeah, people change. But could you just give me an answer? Like, a genuine answer," Deimos responded.

Coraline was a bit irritated, but she hid it by continuing to speak in a nonchalant tone. "Okay. You and the others abandoned me, and Uma took me in. She's honestly the best friend I could ever ask for."

Deimos felt pain as soon as Coraline said that last sentence. Deep down, he knew he didn't have the right to be jealous over Coraline and Uma's friendship.

Coraline now spoke in a serious tone. "How could you just decide to stay in Auradon, leaving me here? You promised me that you would come back for me. How could you just forget about me like that?"

Deimos was confused. "How could you say that when I've been sending letters to you?"

Coraline raised her eyebrow, looking at him confused. "The only letters I've been receiving are from Henry Turner."

Deimos didn't know what to say. He knew Coraline had been receiving letters from Henry Turner for years and she would always send letters back. So after Ben's coronation, Ben reached out to Henry for Deimos.

Henry would normally send Deimos' letters along with his. Deimos trusted Henry. He knew that he wouldn't lie about sending the letters. So, how was Coraline only getting Henry's letters and not his?

"Coraline, I swear, I've been writing and sending you letters almost everyday. I never forgot about you. Never once," Deimos told her.

Coraline rolled her eyes. "It doesn't matter if you did. The point is, you promised that you'd come back for me, and didn't. You broke your promise."