Chapter-4

Sai: Thike, mein karungi.

Boss: Badiya. I'll send over the address.

Sai: Suniye, mujhe aapse ek favour chahiye.

Boss: Wah, Sai... Tumne sirf ek baar ke liye mere sath kaam ki hai aur ab favour maang rahi ho?

Sai: Nahi, woh bas... Mujhe kisiko paise dene hai woh bhi iss hafte ke andar.

Boss: Haha. I don't care about the sob stories. Hum kaam hone ke baad hi paise dete hai.

Sai: Toh phir, ab aada dijiye aur aada fir kabhi.

Boss: Ye koi baatcheet nahi hai.

Sai(emotionally): Please! Mein aise kabhi nahi puchti par mujhe abhi paiso ki bohot zarurat hai, warna mein beghar ho jaungi. Mujhe sirf 2000 chahiye rent dene ke liye, baaki sab mein chala lungi.

Boss: 2000?! No way.

Sai: Mein laakho telegram kar lungi paiso ke liye !

Boss: Mein tumhe 400 rupay pehle de raha hu, isiliye kyuki mein tumhe khona nhi chahta.

Sai: Ohho. That's not NEARLY enough to pay rent.

Boss: Bilkul, waise ek aur raasta hai kamane ke liye. Ek strip-O-gram ke liye kaam karna hai.10 minutes ke 2500 rs milenge.

Sai feels numb listening to this. Although she doesn't want to say yes, the thought of returning back to Gadchiroli, being homeless, makes her say yes.

Boss: Thike.. Mein baadme address ke sath call karunga.

...

Today sai has to do the "Mumbai, Mumbai" telegram wearing a mermaid dress.

Her outfit

Her outfit.

Sai looks up from the address on her phone and sees the building. It's a law firm. Not just any law firm, but a luxurious one. The imposing facade can't help but shake her legs, she feels her knees grow weak. It takes all her nerves to step through the revolving doors.

...

Sai lets herself into the lobby, which rises two stories high. Morning sunlight reflects off the polished marble floor. The sight of the cream hallway carpets off the marble floor reminds her of Virat... She walks up to the receptionist, a shell in hand. Her reaction does nothing to cheer sai up.

Receptionist: Wah. Really scraping the bottom of the barrel to land in this job, huh?

Her reaction, and thought of accepting the strip-O-gram makes Sai's anger boil up.

Sai(angrily) : Atleast mere job mein tumse zyada paise toh milte hai.

She flashes her brightest smile.