Hear Me Out

It had been a few days since Dipper confessed to Wendy. They hadn't walked much since, except for during work hours. Mabel had been trying to get them to communicate more, but neither would budge. Mabel had to find out why.
When the shack opened for the day, she found herself practically waiting at the cash register for Wendy to arrive. Twenty minutes after the shack already opened for the day, she showed up. "Sorry I'm late, I didn't set my alarm last night."
"It's ok, but I have to talk to you."
Mabel grabbed Wendy by the arm and dragged her out of the Shack.
"What's going on with you and Dipper? You went all ghosty on each other."
Wendy sighed and crossed her arms.
"Listen Mabel, I really do appreciate the fact that dipper confessed, but I already told him. I'm too old for him.."
Mabel frowned and whined.
"What's the big deal? I mean you guys are pretty much perfect for each other!"
Wendy laughed a little bit.
"You may wanna take that up with Mother Nature!"
They both chuckled.
"But listen. You know how all of the guys I've dated this summer have been from this town?"
Mabel nodded.
"Where are you going with this?"
Wendy looked away awkwardly.
"Well, at the end of the summer, you and your brother are leaving town. All of my ex's live in this town. I dated them because I knew a cause of a break up wouldn't be distance.
I happen to really like Dipper, but you guys are leaving in a few weeks. I don't want it to end like that."
Mabel's eye widened.
"So, what I'm hearing is... you dO LIKE DIPPER?"
Wendy's face went red and she shoved her hand over Mabel's mouth.
"Ssh, don't go around screaming that. But yes, I do. Can we be done now?"

As they talked, Dipper climbed to the roof of the shack. He sat back in the beach chair and tilted his hat over his eyes. He laid there for what seemed like hours, which in reality was only about 15 minutes. He heard a loud screech of tires and a bunch of loud voices.
"WENDY, LETS GO!" It was her crew of high schooler friends.
"Look Mabel, I gotta go." She turned around and started running excitedly towards her friends. "Tell Stan I took a sick day!" She called back towards Mabel, who sadly walked back inside.

Dipper heard the screech of the tires and looked over the edge of the roof to see Thomsons van driving away.

((I made this part short so I would be able to update something for you guys. So I decided not to do the alternate endings, I'm just going with one ending. I was going to do something involving bill cipher and dippers age BUT a lot of people have already done that, and I want to try and keep it somewhat original. I'm sorry it's taken so long to update, there will be a longer update posted later today! Thanks for sticking around and continuing to read <3))