xChapter 40 - The East Side (7)

The doors to the recently opened East Side Express open as the Miracle Clinic members and Aken Amnestor enter. The store is filled with several lines of used clothes and some aisles made up of metal wire shelving units filled with antique artifacts. One of them that catches Ronnie's attention is a collection of old custom drink glasses with custom prints of classic movies on them. However, Ronnie decides to leave them behind as they continue to scan the store.

Besides the group, there isn't anyone else in the store, however at the check-out station, there is a bell that can be rung to alert the employees. So Alex walks over to the bell and rings it.

As the noise of the bell rings out throughout the East Side Express, the club looks around and notices that nobody is approaching.

"I guess they aren't here-" Elizabeth begins to say but gets interrupted when the 'Employee's Only' Door bursts open.

The group looks to see Blanko Deck, who is wearing a blue apron over his white & black striped hoodie walk over with a customer service smile on his face, "Hello there, how can I help you all-"

Blanko stops as he looks and sees who is in the building.

The club looks at Blanko.

Blanko looks at the club.

The club looks at Blanko.

Blanko quickly makes a dash for the Employee's Only Door as Ronnie, Alex, & Elizabeth all chase after him. Blanko reaches the door and enters the other room, however before he can slam it shut, Elizabeth kicks the door down.

"I'd like to make a purchase," Elizabeth exclaims.

"Sorry, we're closed!" Blanko says as he continues to run away.

Alex looks to see that Blanko is running down the stairs in the employee's only room to a metal door. Alex runs after him and Blanko goes to grab the door, he manages to open it before Alex tackles him into the room.

As Alex & Blanko fall to the ground, the rest of the club & Amnestor enter the room.

"Get! Off of me!" Blanko yells as he kicks Alex in the face causing him to let go and back up.

Ronnie notices that they're in a huge underground storage room with another door at the back.

"It looks like the others are gonna be behind that door," Ronnie says.

"Alright then, let me handle this guy," Alex begins to say however Amnestor starts to walk forward.

"You kids and your fighting, there's more than one way to solve your problems," Amnestor states.

"Is he gonna fight the kid?" Alex says but Ronnie stops him from moving forward.

"Just let the man do his thing," Ronnie says.

Alex sighs and doesn't move forward as Amnestor begins to talk to Blanko.

"So Mister Deck, is there a reason behind you trying to burn down our high school?" Amnestor asks.

"You'll never let me spill any info!" Blanko yells, "It's gonna take years before I tell you that whole fire was an accident and we do some illegal stuff down here!"

The rest of the club looks at Blanko confused and Blanko realizes he just slipped up and he yells, "PRETEND YOU DIDN'T HEAR THAT!"

"Relax relax, I'm actually here for an exchange, I'll give you things you want and in return, you'll let us through," Amnestor replies.

"Oh yeah? And how do you know the stuff I want?" Blanko asks but Amnestor replies by pulling out his school file.

"Because I have this," Amnestor says, "and for some reason, attached to it was something that got confiscated from you in English class."

Amnestor begins to reveal what it is and as he does so Blanko gets hit with something. Not a punch, but a wave of embarrassment. Because what Amnestor reveals is...his letter to Santa.

"Let's see here," Amnestor says as he puts on his reading glasses and he starts to read aloud the letter, "'Dear Santa, I've been a very good boy this year and have even eaten all of my vegetables too. So it would be really cool if you gave me some T and a binder. Since-"

"STOP READING!" Blanko yells in pure desperation as he blushes due to the embarrassment.

"You believe Santa is real?" Alex snickers.

"Yeah! And you don't?!" Blanko, still embarrassed, tries to defuse.

"Whether Santa is real or not isn't the matter here, what is that I have the things you asked for," Amnestor says.

"Wait you do?" Blanko asks shocked, "Holy shit I- uh- thank you so mu-"

Amnestor pulls out some tea packets and a 3-ring binder meant for papers.

"See it's exactly what you asked for, right?" Amnestor says.

"That's...not exactly what I meant but sure- uh- thanks," Blanko says deflated.

"It isn't but what else could you mean?" Amnestor asks.

"We'll explain it to you later Teach," Elizabeth says.

"Oh okay," Amnestor says, "though I do have one final thing for you Blanko."

"What is it?" Blanko asks.

Amnestor points to the student file he got and on it has the contact info for his parents. His face turns into instant fear as Amnestor pulls out his phone.

"I called your mom Blanko, and it looks like she wants to have a few words with you," Amnestor says.

Blanko looks at the phone, and then at Amnestor, then at the phone, and then he steps to the side.

"You guys can go through, just please hang up the phone," Blanko begs.

Amnestor nods, "I see, but you'll still have to deal with them when you get home. And you should focus more on your studies."

"UNDERSTOOD SIR! I'LL MAKE SURE TO ACE ALL MY TESTS!" Blanko yells as he's been utterly defeated, and without a single punch being thrown.

The club begins to make their way to the door. However, when they get to the door, they see that it's opening. And Graham Dirt is entering into the room.

"Oh, what do we have here?" Graham questions as he lays his eyes on Aken Amnestor.

_________________________

"Sorry, that took so long," Andy Nibble states as he exits a blue portable restroom that's near a construction site.

Mesto & Hunter are both trying to cover their noses due to the stench.

"It's fine, let's just get going," Mesto grumbles.

"Yeah, sure though are you guys going to fight the group when you get there?" Andy asks as the trio begins walking towards The East Side Express.

"Yeah, why?" Hunter states.

"That might be a bit difficult," Andy begins to say, "since there's a guy there who I haven't seen get knocked out once."

Mesto stays silent as he begins to ponder something but Hunter asks, "Really? Who's that?"

"That man is Graham Dirt, and if there's one thing he's good at, it's doing his job," Andy states.

____________________

Ronnie, Elizabeth, Alex, & Marcus are all shocked as they see Aken Amnestor, their history teacher, on the ground unconscious after getting a beating from Graham Dirt.

"Blanko, I thought you were told to lock up the storefront," Graham says.

"I-I'm sorry, I kinda forgot," Blanko says.

As Ronnie looks at the man's physique he notices just how muscular and tall the man is and he asks, "How the hell can you be a high schooler?!"

"A high schooler?" Graham says as he steps over Aken Amnestor and gets closer to the group, "I graduated a few years ago."

As the words ring out, The Miracle Clinic that they aren't going to be fighting someone around their age, but a full-grown adult.

"Well, this was harder than I thought it was going to be," Ronnie admits.

See You Next Chapter!~