Chapter 6: The Truth of the Past

You made it back to the flat, and collapsed on the couch. It was a long day of running around. You and John talked to the fiancé of the boy found on the side of the tracks, and the dead security guards landlady. That wasn't what made you so tired though.

~a few hours earlier~
Sherlock had located where the assassin Gollum was, and so you three headed there. You got out of the cab, but you were stopped by Sherlock.

"I think you should wait here," he said.

"What why?"

"This man is double your height, and at least double your strength. He's a trained assassin it would be in your best interest to stay put."

"Like hell I will," you said as you pushed past him following John down a dark alley way looking for the assassin. He was at the end of the alley, and the three of you hid behind a wall not wanting to be seen. John was searching his pockets looking for something. "I can't believe I- " he began before you and Sherlock handed him a pistol. They both looked at you surprised. You always kept one with you since when you were in the states where it was more common. They shook of their surprise and John took Sherlocks. You were glad you wanted to have something to defend yourself with against the giant.

"There he goes," said John who saw him take off to the other end of the alley. You chased him down, but he got in a car and sped off.

"It's going to be weeks until we can find him again," exclaimed Sherlock frustrated that he got away.

"No it's not," said John. He was able to track Gollum down to the Planetarium. This wasn't what you expected. You got a cab and hoped you would get there in time.

"This is where the next victim is," said John as you all raced into the building. You found him in one of the theaters where he had already gotten to the next victim. You entered from the front of the room onto the stage. Something was playing on the screen creating enough light to make out the lay out of the room, but it was very distracting.

"Gollum," Sherlock shouted trying to get his attention. The Gollum dropped the poor women, and turned to see the three of you. When the lady fell she hit the controls, and the projected started flashing light making it nearly impossible to see clearly. "Who do you work for," Sherlock asked. What happened next happened quickly the Gollum grabbed Sherlock from behind, and the movie played normally again. At least you could see better. You and John pulled your guns on him.

"Let him go," John began his voice calm, and dangerous. "Or I will kill you." You cocked the hammer of your gun as a warning, and to say that if he wouldn't you would. The Gollum kicked the gun out of Watson's hand and, dropped Sherlock. He turned and shoved you, hard. You slid across the stage, and lost a hold of your gun. You cursed yourself, and got up. The Gollum had John this time. You ran up behind him and kicked down hard on the back of his knee. He dropped John, and stumbled a bit towards you. Sherlock pushed you out of the way at the last second, and punched the Gollum in the chest. Of course the Gollum went after Sherlock again, but John wasn't going to sit back he jumped onto the Gollum's back and wrapped his arms tight around his neck. The Gollum staggered around the stage flailing his arms trying to get John off. It looked quiet ridiculous. You found one of the guns, but there wasn't a clear shot of the Gollum. Not a second more had passed when Gollum threw John off him to the ground, and this time he ran. You shot at him, but missed each time. You were disoriented, and couldn't fire straight. The three of you didn't waste another second there wasn't much time to prove the painting was a fake.

You were at the gallery watching as Sherlock struggled to out what made the painting different from the original. During the fight with the Gollum you whacked your head pretty good, and it was now bleeding. John insisted you get it looked at. You insisted it would be fine.