Chapter 9: Remember

You woke up swimming in the sheets of an unfamiliar bed. For some reason you didn't panic. The way the soft sheets smelled seemed to relax you. All you wanted to do at that moment was sink into them and sleep for days. You pulled the comforter up past your shoulders to your chin. It smelled familiar like cigarette smoke, Coffee, and old books, but none the less wonderful. It didn't seem like that combination should smell good, but it gave you this deep sense of security. Then you recognized the scent. It smelled like Sherlock. You bolted up into a sitting position. Was this Sherlocks bed? No, it couldn't be. Are you even sure that's what Sherlock smells like?

You thought back, and remembered the way his clothes seemed to have cigarette smoke permanently sewn into them. And how he always smells a bit like coffee especially in the mornings which made you wonder why you never saw a cup of it in the flat. Oh, and how you loved the way he just smelled like an aging book. You could always smell it even over the cigarette smoke. It was all just... a part of him.

Here was no doubt this was Sherlocks bed. But why were you in it? You were having trouble recalling the events of last night. It's probably nothing, I mean there's no way anything actual happened between you two. That's just absurd, right? You shook your head, and threw your feet off the side of the bed. You felt the cold air as soon as your bare legs left the warm embrace of the sheets. You looked down at your legs. There were a few mysterious scratches and bruises, but that was just from you being a klutz, right? They can't be from... No of course not. Get your self together,(y/n). You are fully clothed in your clothes from yesterday. You don't feel woozy enough to have a hang over, so what is it? Sitting here won't get you the answers you want, so you slid of the side of the bed. A chill went through you, as your feet came into contact with the cold floor.

Why is his room so cold? You now wished you were wearing more that a t-shirt and pajama shorts. You slowly made your way toward the door. As you neared it your mind began to wander to what answers you'd get from John and Sherlock. What answers did you even want to here? Did you want to hear that nothing happened between you two? At that thought there was a small twist in your stomach. Did that actually disappoint you?

You shook your head as you reached the door. You walked out of the room into the hallway. There were voices coming from the kitchen. Specifically John and Sherlock's voices.

"-You've been acting... Off lately. I assume it has something to do with (y/n)," John said. You froze, and listened.

"I believe you're mistaken John. I haven't been acting off," Sherlock said calmly.

"I saw you last night," you sucked in a sharp breath. He was talking about last night. "You were completely clueless after what happened to (y/n)."

"Well we all had a long night the exhaustion got to me and I was having trouble recalling information." There was a pause.

"Sherlock, if you like her all you-"

"I don't like her," Sherlock snapped. You could feel your heart racing in your chest it didn't sound like Sherlock actually meant what he said, but he said it. You couldn't figure out if he didn't like you or if he was lying. "She just makes for some pleasant company, you don't mind her being around do you?"

"Not at all," John stated. "Do you?"

"Of course not," Sherlock said after a moment of silence. You shifted slightly and the floor under you creaked announcing your presence. You grimaced at the sound. You began walking toward the kitchen acting like you just woke up and hadn't heard a thing.

You walked into the kitchen while rubbing you're eyes hoping they won't realize you were just eavesdropping.

"Good morning," you said while walking over to the cabinet past John and Sherlock.

"Morning," John said a bit confused with the way you were acting. "Are you okay, (y/n)?"

"Yea, why wouldn't I be?"

"Do you remember what happened last night?"

"Well... No," you said and turned to face the two. They both looked a bit relieved and concerned. Sherlock took a step toward you his eyes now only filled with concern.

"You don't remember the pool?" You thought back the last thing you remembered was going to sleep, and then... Oh god the pool. Memories started to flood back into your head all at once. The pool. Moriarty. Everything.

Your hands covered your face as you recalled the memories of last night." Oh, God the pool," you muttered. It was hard to believe all that had happened.

"(Y/n), are you ok," John asked. You dropped your hands from your face.

"Of course I'm not ok. Oh my god, I can't believe this..." You trailed off as you hurried from the kitchen to the door. You grabbed your small backpack and coat off the the hook. You hurriedly put on your (y/f/c) coat. It was nice to have so,etching familiar. You had this coat since you first came to London.

"(Y/n), wait," John called out as him and sherlock came out of the kitchen after you. "Where are you going?"

"I don't know, out. Somewhere else away from here I just, I need to clear my head."

"Are you sure you don't want to talk?"

"I-I'm sure. Thanks for everything." You opened the door ready to leave when someone grabbed your shoulder. You turned around to see Sherlock.

"Be careful," he said and then let go of you. You nodded in response and turned around leaving them.

I know this is short Im sorry I just need to figure out where to go from here suggestions are greatly appreciated. I'm sorry it's been so long I apparently have one good idea about every month and then have writers block the rest of the time so I have trouble writing I don't know where I'm going anymore... Oh Ya I'm sorry if this is rushed I wanted to give you guys something before I had to start school again so I hope you guys enjoy this and the rest of your summer break. Bye for now.
-TS