CHAPTER FOURTEEN: SILVER COAT

With heaviness in her eyes, Alyssa managed to open both her eyelids to be met by the sound of the crackling fire and the sight of her naked body under the blue cover all alone, the spot beside her empty of Ozan. Looking around her, she perused the inside of the cabin--from the bed where she's laying at, to the small circular table placed on the far corner with two chairs surrounding it, the hearth where the burning woods are on the left side corner, to the single shelf placed against the wall close to where she's in, up to the square window where grey light from outside were coming in and she noticed as well that the heavy rain have stopped, only the dew were left on the window glass. As with remembering the heavy rain that have happened awhile ago, she remembered as well the happenings that lead her here after their time spent in the waterfall.

After their lounging in the waterfall and additional kisses that Ozan managed to capture her in, they decided to get out from there as the sky were already greying hence the water's slowly turning cold. With Ozan changing first and giving Alyssa privacy, he went first ahead to ready Poppy while Alyssa soon followed after wearing her dress. Ozan helped her get in then followed and soon, Poppy were trotting out there. On their way back towards the manor, fat droplets of rain started pouring down and soon, they were under heavy rain already.

'The road will become too slippery for Poppy, I'm afraid we have to take shelter immediately.' Ozan told her as they took a turn and broke away from the main path that they took awhile ago towards his manor. Alyssa nodded. 'Yes, we should take shelter quickly as this heavy rain and strong wind might endanger us.' Alyssa shouted through the strong sound of rain pouring down. After minutes, Alyssa saw a cabin resting alongside the trees in front of them and they were soon approaching it. Close to the cabin, Ozan halted Poppy and managed to guide Alyssa down then instructed her to take shelter in while he'll just bring Poppy and the carriage to the shed beside the cabin.

'Just go inside and you'll find matchsticks along the drawer beside the door and you can start the fire on the hearth.' He told her before leading Poppy on the shed. Alyssa followed his instruction and soon, she have already lit the fire and she settled herself in front of it rubbing both her hands close to the glow of the fire. Soon, warmth embraced her stopping her from shivering.

Ozan next entered then closed the door shutting the entry of the cold wind from outside. Looking at him, her gaze followed him as he removed his footwear and placed it beside the door followed by his wet shirt and placed it on one of the chairs by the table. She flushed red as she saw his bare torso and as the light from the fire were only the one brightening the room, it made his tan torso more golden. As Ozan then looked at her and walked towards where she is, she soon turned her gaze away from him and looked back on the dancing fire by the hearth, the tips of her ear burning as she felt more shy as they were all alone here, in a close space and with the orange glow of the fire, creating it a more intimate atmosphere.

A soft gasp escaped her when suddenly, his muscular arms have encircled her waist, his warmth embracing her from behind as he settled behind her, him lifting her for a bit as he crossed his legs on the floor before settling her back on top of his lap. Snuggling closer to him and getting comfortable in his hold, they both watched the fire dancing whilst their heart are beating in sync. Ozan have his face next to her head and breathing in, he let out a contented sigh making Alyssa feel more warmth on her heart.

With the sound of pouring rain and cracks of fire, they stayed silent while sharing their warmth. Alyssa was contented and at this moment away from her traumas and nightmares, she thanked heavens that she met Ozan on that desperate night. Laying her hands on top of his arms encircled on her waist, she shifted a bit and leaned her head towards his face in which he rested it as well against the side of her head.