3: Beauty

CLOMP CLOMP

I heard the heavy steps of someone coming down the hall. It seemed as though the halls were empty with such an echo, or maybe that could be attributed to the silence coating the air. My heartbeat raced as the footsteps got louder, closer. It had to be him, whoever he happened to be. I nervously looked down at my hands between my lap and began to twiddle my thumbs. The door swung open, and I held myself still so as not to jump in fear.

"Cuore mio," His voice spoke with what I could only assume as Italian. Is he Italian? His shoes stopped before me, and I slowly looked up at the behemoth of a man that towered over me. His face was still the cold rock, stoic.

"You look..," and then he hummed lightly, " bellissima."

I just stare back at him. What? His eyes roamed my outfit. My blouse was not buttoned at the top two, and my chest was on display. Only a peak of my breast could be seen, which was a relief for me. His eyes felt like they scanned me. I was somehow his meal for the moment. It was quiet. I was too afraid to speak. He was surprisingly handsome. Weird enough as it is to noticed, I did see that. He was well groomed. You could seem his cologne. Not too overpowering, but enough to have you wanting to smell again. He was relatively tall. His frame took up the whole room, or maybe that was his ego.

"Are you hungry?" He asked. His accent dropped. He spoke like he had always lived in American. A flip of the switch, he's bilingual.

"Huh?" My brain responded before I could think. What did he ask?

"Cibo, food," He stated more clearly. His Italian words rolled off his tongue with ease. His husky voice filling the room. His voice had a Humm to it, like a raspy tone. It's almost like he just woke up this morning a minute again. His words were not angry or demanding. He just asked a simple question. I hated my body for loving the way his voice sounded.

"Yes, please," I said a little too eagerly. My stomach made a low growl in agreement. He held his hand out for me, and I hesitantly took it. He held it firm and led me quickly down the hallway, down the stairs through another short hallway, zooming past the living room and into the kitchen. Grey grantie counter tops. Wooden detailing at the ceiling to match the wood cabinets. Tiled floors and an island in the middle of the large kitchen tucked away. 3 women stood inside cleaning away. The early morning sun shining directly inside, lighting the whole room. floor to ceiling windows to outside, to freedom. But, a quick glance at the outside, and I found a large wall of sorts lining the large property in the distance. This house was huge, so I shouldn't be surprised it was well protected with its own wall for others to keep out. No nosey neighbors to rely on, I guess

"Ms Corina. Please provide our guest, Jada, with some breakfast." The older woman turned to him and smiled. How in the hell did he know my name. Chills ran up my spine. Somehow, he had expected me or knew I would be here with him? That he knew anything about me already had me shaking again. I took a deep breath to compose myself better. It's not as though the staff really cares anyway.

"Already in a better mood! Of course, I have a plate set aside just for her," Corina said happily. She wipped her hands off on her apron. She had a white apron over an all black ensemble. Her hair was in a clean bun on her head.

Corina ushered me to a seat on the island, a bar chair.

"Thank you," I mumbled as a plate was slid in front of me. Bread covered in some kind of jam sat in front of me, 2 slices. There was some scrambled eggs as well, but not a lot. A cup of coffee was placed next to my plate. I shoveled the bits of food down my throat quickly. I gulped down the small cup of coffee and placed it down with a thud.

"puó mangiare," Corina exclaimed as her eyes lit up.

The man just grunted as he leaned against the wall. He was staring at me intently. What was going through his head? Was he figuring out where he would take me. Was his goal to sell me off, like some part of a human trafficinf ring. That would be the second worst case scenario. I ran my finger around the curl by the side of my forehead. I had felt so nervously and judged under his gaze. I looked elsewhere, trying not to feel so uncomfortable. I felt like he was sizing me up. It was hard to have confidence around someone who terrified you so much. I did not want to piss him off, I didn't even know what set him off.

"Let's go, Jada," he told me. In that moment, my brain finally clicked. I stood up from the counter with a small nod.

"Thank you very much for the meal," I said, facing Corina. I gave her my best muster of a smile. She beamed back brightly at me.

"Any time!"

I watched him quickly dip out of the kitchen. I followed his white button-down and soft green pants quickly, leading the way back to the stairs case. The front entrance was right there. He stopped quickly, then turned to face me.

"Listen to me carefully. Stay close. Im going to show you something. DON'T disobey me, " He said, looking directly at me. He grabbed at my waist, but I took 3 swift steps back. I bumped into a table. He pinched the bridge of his nose.

"I advise you not to make me angry. Come here," He demanded of me. I was too scared to move, I didn't want to be touched.

"Please dont grab me," I managed to squeek out in the tense silence. He stalked toward me, his tall figure looming over me.

"You don't tell me what I can or can't do with what's mine," he said harshly into my ear. He hooked me into his embrace. I was so close to him. I pressed my hands against his chest and attempted to push away. I didn't move against his muscular chest. His other hand softly touched my cheek.

"You belong to me. You do as I say," he whispered in my ear with a soft voice. Calm and an unwavering tone. It was unusual for the short moment I've known him. His gaze met mine as our eyes met. His eyes were so pretty. Brown eyes, that turned every so honey brown in the light.

"Whats your name," I asked as politely as possible. He came real close to my ear. I could feel his breath ever so slightly tickle me ear.

"Alessio.., amore mio," His voice hummed in my ear. I felt a tingle. His voice was like silk as he spoke in Italian. I almost missed his name.

"Alessio?" I asked, probably butchering his name. He groaned pleasantly at me. His mouth curled ever so slightly into a small smile. His eyebrows softened just a little. His broad nose relaxed.

"Sì tesorino," he said as he moved his head back ever so slightly. His eyes met mine again. I felt the flutter of my heart. His touch against me was like no other. I felt the heat belong to warm my cheeks red. I felt so embarrassed. This was strange. The close proximity did not help this feel either.

"For me, bellissima, be good," His voice stayed sweet.

It was so nice to hear. I felt lulled into a relaxed and calm state. My head nodded slightly. He pulled back. His body had been pressed so hard against me that I could feel the mark on my back from where the table was. His hand never moved from my lower back as he ushered me out and into a car. I sat all the way toward the tinted window when I entered. He sat next to me, giving me only a little space to move. He took up most of the backseat. He sat on his phone, typing away something furiously. He was deeply entranced by it. I didn't have my phone. I had gotten so caught up in his short moment of appeal that I forgot for a moment what position I was in.

But I noticed a new kind of anxious feeling. Him being close to me made me nervous. I looked over at him. His broad shoulders highlighted in his white button-up. His shirt clung to his chest muscles and shoulders for dear life, then flowed effortlessly over his stomach. I could see the tank top underneath. In my moment of curiosity and weakness, he noticed me staring.

"Like what you see, tesorino?" He asked with one eyebrow raised at me.

"Uh.. it's not like that... I mean, I was just.. and..," I stumbled over my words, trying to figure out my excuse for starting. He let out a small chuckle. Woah, he can laugh? I didn't think that was possible. Even a small amount is a shock.

"non vedo l'ora di rapire il tuo corpo," he said.

"What does that mean?" I asked before thinking. He leaned in close again. The butterflies came flooding me back again.

"It means I look forward to ravishing that beautiful body of yours."