19: Matrimony

I stood in front of the long mirror at myself. I was beyond stunned. I had never felt more beautiful in my life. My hair was in a half-up half-down style. I had small white beads and just a touch of glitter sprinkled into my coils. I wore an off-the-shoulder, lace wedding dress with a sweetheart neckline. It was a mermaid dress that hugged me in all the right places. The dress had a corset strap up and pulled me together. I could mostly breathe, although I felt a bit stiff, so I stood up straighter. The flowy, puffy bit at the end was light and flowy. My necklace was a gold pendant, and my erranding was small gold studs. The dress had small gold accents in the lace. my bouquet had a light, almost dull pink and gold with hints of white and a gold ribbon on the stems. My makeup was a golden and sparkly eye with a soft nude-pink color on my lined lips. My face was contoured perfectly. Everything looked perfect. I couldn't understand how I had gone from frumpy to beautiful. The team he hired knew what they were doing!

"Girl! You look stunning," the makeup artist said. She placed a hand on my shoulder and smiled at me. Her green eyes looked great with her light brown skin. I couldn't feel jealous of her at that moment, I looked good for once. The stylist came up to me, placing a small sparkly comb piece with the vail. It was thin and fell down to my mid back. I felt speechless.

"Thank you," I said, looking at the crew behind me. I looked and felt like a princess. I had not felt this good in so long, I'm not sure I ever felt this good, honestly.

"We are waiting for the bride," the wedding planner said quickly, coming in. Her heels clicked loudly in the house. The entire living room had been partially converted to accommodate me. This house was a huge villa of sorts, belonged to his parents. I looked over as she appeared beside the mirror, pushing it aside thanks to the wheel.

"Beautiful!" She said with a wide smile. He face contorted as she held her hand to her ear. It took a moment before she looked at me.

"Dad is ready to go. Come on, my beautiful bride, it's SHOW TIME," she declared.

She hustled me over to the hallway that led to a bedroom. We stopped short to the door that led to the patio. The wedding planner stood us side by side, my arms interlaced into him. I was not entertained by his arrival as the picture began to take my photographer. My father had arranged this and was way too happy to be debt free, no thanks to me. I may care so much for Alessio, but how I got here was unacceptable. I didn't want him here. If I had known this was an option, I would have walked down the aisle myself. I sucked it up and just put my focus elsewhere, ignoring his looks to me. This was something I wanted to deal with another time.

"Let's go!" the planner said. She opened the side door for us. I could hear the orchestra playing the song. When I looked to the right, I could see the violinist playing beautifully. I finally looked forward as we began to make our way to the aisle between the crowd sitting. Everyone was standing, gawking at me. I did not recognize the face, but I had felt awkward walking like this, a bit slow. My strides were short but with a goal in mine. How Alessio had managed to set this up in a few days baffled me. I had no idea you could arrange something so beautiful. Lorenzo was his best man standing firm and tall. On my side was my best friend Imani as my maid of honor is a long gold dress. I finally landed on him in his black tuxedo with a gold bow tie. He looked absolutely handsome as he stared at me with strong desire. His eyes were wide in shock as I found myself feeling embarrassed under his gaze. He had this big smile plastered on his face as I made my way to him. I hoped his promises of changes were held. I held onto his words, hoping they would be best for our child. I prayed that he would be a good father. After the wedding, I would tell him I'm pregnant, a honeymoon surprise. My father handed me to him before taking a seat. I could see my mom and a few of my friends in the front and toward me. The pastor cleared his throat before speaking .