15: Family

My nerves got the best of, as meeting the family was so nerve-wracking. My brain ran like crazy. I was second-guessing myself. The family would talk on and off between the many courses of food. I smiled along and gave small nods here and there. I felt small, and I wanted to keep it that way. My mind found itself remembering this morning. We did the deed. It was absolutely mortifing, yet it felt so good. It was like I had signed myself away, I don't think this man would ever let me leave him at this point. I had hoped this house was soundproof because I made way too much. On a good note, this desert was delicious, I could not remember what it was called, though.

I looked around the table at  the Bucceri's. Mr. Bucceri sat at the head of the table with his wife, Isabell, to his right and his daughter Samantha and finally his granddaughter Mia. To his left was Luca, then me, and finally Alessio at the opposite end of the table. I tried to keep my mouth full, but there was almost no food left on my plate. I had one last bite left, so I quickly ate the smooth desert. Should I even be happy about this situation? I guess, in my head right now, I figured I could make the best of it. If he could be something more, at least I could try to push a happy relationship together or something close to that. He's still attractive, he's protective, and he's the jealous type. I almost enjoy his jealousy.

"So, uh, what brings you two out here," Samantha piped up. I was entirely unsure what to say there, and I'm not sure what details I could say, I'm not even sure anyboundaries.

"Just wanted to get away and meet the family. Make things official," Alessio spoke up. I nodded in agreement, and getting away was true. Specifics of that were supposed to not mention, I see.

"How did you two meet," His sister continued. I pondered out meeting,the fear and everything u know the first day or two with him. I had a life alternating bomb drop over my head, and I've never been able to get life to slow down since

"Not my choice, that's for sure," I mumbled.

Unfortunately, my slick comment was easily heard as the table had fallen silent. Luca let out a chuckle at my antics. I'm not in the market of lying or hiding his discretion,  although I'm more embarrassed to say I'm putting up with his bullshit. I'm trying to turn this situation into more my choice, my pave. At least finding some sort of happiness in this mess of a man

"Whats that supposed to mean," His mother snapped at me. I was surprised by her outburst. She had been pretty quiet most of the meal. She had yet to even look at me until now, and I hadn't noticed it. Or maybe I just didn't want to see her as hostile. But the way she spoke to be even through the accent was not that of a happy woman. Clearly, I'm not the usual kind of girl Alessio goes for. I looked NOTHING like them.

"Through her parents," Alessio added.

"No, no. Non puoi sposarti con una mulignan", she said, her tone was furious as she looked to her son.

She side eyed me after finishing her sentence. I continued to be lost, though, unable to understand the language had me left out of a lot. All I knew was that she wasn't very happy with me. Why? I wasn't sure.

Alessio, on the other hand, looked pissed off. His hand rubbed against his forehead as he sighed.

"You going to give me eggplant parmesean grandbabies?!" She yelled at me when her son didn't respond. That only made me even more confused.

"Excuse me?" I asked.

"Where did she even come from? I don't want some.. Outsider here. They don't understand," she began to protest. Her jaw looked tight, stressed. She had a death grip on her fork.

"I'm not the one who pushed for this relationship. So keep your unsavory comments to yourself," I said, feeling insulted.

I know she said some fucked up shit, even if I wasn't sure exactly what she was saying. I could feel the vile from her. The digust in her eyes as she looked at me. Now, she began hostile. My mind had been so busy doing everything else I glossed over the one thing that always rears its ugly head. She didn't like black people.