18: Sbaglio

When I entered back into the room, Jada was under the covers fast asleep. Her soft snores filled the room. I wasn't mad at Jada, yet I had said nothing to her. She had said nothing to me either, I guess leaving so soon after being together was upsetting again.

Elena was pregnant.

It was the scariest moment in my life as I relived her words. Thinking about it made me angry and guilty. I felt petrified not only to be a dad but not to have a kid with Jada, not even my first one. I was scared of her response. I knew she couldn't stand me with other women. She was repulsed. I got reports of her crying herself to sleep. Lorenzo told me of her complaints of me, telling me to fix this before I lost her. And I had stopped for two weeks, keeping busy with my hunt. Yet, my actions had bitten me in the ass. How could I be so irresponsible and get that whore pregnant? She was easy to bed, too easy. And now, I stood here looking stupid and angry. I wished I had not ignored Jada. But, I couldn't face her. I didn't want to lie to her. But, eventually, I would have to tell her, especially if this was a boy, my son. Fuck! My anger caused a huge mess of the whole situation, I regretted not coming home more nights. My phone rang as I quickly picked it up, to not wake Jada.

"Hello?" I said, stepping back into the closet.

"I need a few things, like a snack, oh ice-cream! And I'm lonely, " I heard Elena, her voice sound pouty I held in a groan, I just saw her. I don't need to hear from her any longer.

"It can wait," I said.

"Come take care of your pregnant girlfriend," she said in a soft voice.

My heart was beating so fast I thought it might stop. I was mad more than anything else. Her antics were ridiculous. She knew I would never be with her. She was a fleeting moment of lust.

"I'll send someone over. Dont call me anymore, " I warned, walking out the closet, through the laundry into the hallway, and closed my office door.

"You got me pregnant. You need to there for me. Take care of me. I desereve to be your wife, at least. It's not like she's doing much anyways, or you wouldn't have come to see me, " she said. Her voice sounded vile.

"Shut the fuck up," I hissed at her comment.

"Please," She said as her voice broke a bit. I sighed as I pinched the bridge of my nose.

"Lorenzo will be by. I'll see you tomorrow, " I said, then hung up.

I kicked one of the chairs as it flew against the wall with a loud bang.

Fuck!

How could I be so stupid! She would try to leave me, I know it. Elena was going to make this as difficult as she could muster. But Jada could never leave me. I would tie to the bed if I had to. I would force her, I couldn't lose her. I dialed Lorenzo's number.

"Hey boss," he greeted when answering.

"Go check on Elena. She wants some ice cream," I told him.

"What for? I'm busy," he scoffed.

"Look, she's pregnant so just go check on the crazy bitch." I snapped before I thought about what I really said. I heard the sharp draw of his breath.

"Are you fucking kidding me," His voice roared through the phone.

Lorenzo had a soft spot for Jada. He had been keeping an eye on her for awhile, he used his hunting skills to find everything about her I could dream of. He had an affinity for her and had seen her as a sister, especially given the last few months they spent together in person. He heard all her complaints, heard her tears, and kept her company when I was too busy.