Part 13

Meanwhile...

While you and Lex were chilling by the pool, you got a message about an hour after Lena had left the kitchen.

"Can you please come over whenever you can?" the message says. It was from Taylor. She was one of your best friends so you excused yourself and told Lex that Taylor needs you.

He of course understood. He knew that you and Taylor were also close and that you had other important people in your life, just as he did.

You could have waited, but you were worried as you weren't sure why she needed you. The message seemed quite serious so you decided it's better not to make her wait.

Once you got to Taylor's house, y'all hung out for a bit and talked. She told you about a guy she was crushing on and how she thought he was purposely playing with her feelings.

You consoled her for a bit as she let out all her emotions. "There's a reason I'm telling you this," Taylor finally says. You give her a look, like of course you're her friend and she needed to tell someone. "What?" You say simply.

"Uhh," she says and then clears her throat, "there's no easy way to say this, but iwantyoutohelpmemakehimjealous," she says quickly.

You look at her questionably, you knew what she said, but how "like how?" You ask after a pause. "Like pretend to... date," she says timidly. "Seriously Taylor" you ask her.

"Please," she says. You look at her, unsure. "Oh, come on, it's not like we haven't done worse things," she says with a pout. "Ughh, fine, but only for a little bit. If it doesn't work, it's not my problem." You say.

You knew this could either be really bad or really good for you. You just weren't sure that you wanted to take the risk. But now that you agreed there's nothing you can do.

So now if it's good then Lena will finally confess or if it's really bad she will probably hate you more than ever, and you obviously can't tell anyone it's fake so it wouldn't come out and then it definitely wouldn't work to get Taylor's crush to ask her out. You just hope that it will end up working in favour of both of you.

"So how are we gonna do this?" You ask. "Just pretend to be a couple, you know, hand holding, hugs, a kiss here and there." She says.

"Kiss? In public, you know i hate Pda, " you complain. "Well you're going to have to suck it up. It's not anything we haven't done before. You took my v card after all," she says smugly.

"Ugh, don't remind me," you say jokingly, causing Taylor to laugh, as you both remember your time as friends with benefits. It actually wasn't too long ago that you two stopped hooking up.

You were some horny teenagers and would sometimes go at it for hours. You two started hooking up from age 16 and continued for almost 2 years, but only when you were both single.

"Speaking of..." Taylor says seductively as she approaches you. You laugh, knowing that she's now horny remembering all your past adventures.

"We can't, Taylor, you know it won't be good if we start again," you say, knowing damn well that it would be hard for both of you to stop after starting again.

Especially now that you both are trying to pursue someone. "Plus, if you really want this guy, then you should be focusing on him right now," you tell her.

"Yeah, you're right, I shouldn't be hooking up with others if i want to commit to him," Taylor agrees. You watch her as she squirms and you let out a chuckle.

"Okay, I'm gonna go.. so you can take care of that," you say with a chuckle. "Shut up," Taylor laughs as she throws a pillow at you.

It's going to be a weird few weeks you thought to yourself as you headed home. You hoped that it wouldn't take longer than a week or two.

---

You picked Taylor up before heading to school. Now that you are pretending to date, it made sense for you to pick her up rather than drive separately.

It was a little inconvenient as it added 15 minutes to your drive as her house wasn't exactly on the way, but you were going to do anything to make sure this ended as soon as possible.

You finally get to the school a little later than usual, but still enough time to easily get to class. There were a lot of people around, people driving and getting dropped off.

You came out of your car first and went around to the other side and opened the door for Taylor, this was a great first impression as considering the amount of people out there the rumours will start to spread quickly.

Usually, people wouldn't really care about who's dating who, but this was everyone's business since you and Taylor were both on the basketball team and quite popular in the school.

You opened the door for Taylor as a few pairs of eyes watched, waiting to see who it was. You hold your hand out for Taylor as she steps out. You hear a gasp from close by, but you ignore it.

Taylor holds your hand as you shut the car door and lock your car. You start walking towards the school hand in hand as several people observe you.

Seeing the number of eyes on you, you hoped that this would go even quicker than you imagined. You split up as you both went to your lockers only a few feet apart.

You had some classes in common but not for first period. You walked down the hall hand in hand as you finally split up right in front of your classrooms as they were across the hall from each other.

You've never really been in a proper relationship before, so it was hard for you to pretend, but it seems that you managed to pull it off pretty well.

You just hoped that this would be over sooner than later. This guy needs to get his head out of his ass and ask Taylor out.