Part 23

Lena's POV after you drive her home from prom

---

Lena shuts the door after she walks inside. She leans against the door briefly as a smile appears on her face. She couldn't be happier right now.

She couldn't help the giggle that left her lips as she stood up from the door. She started to walk through the dark house before a light came on in the living room.

Lena turned to see her mother sitting on the couch. Of course she could count on her mom to act like this is a movie, the classic sit in the dark waiting for the kid to return home.

But Lena will excuse it as everything today felt quite surreal and like a movie. Lena doesn't say anything waiting for her mom to speak first as to why she was sitting in the dark waiting for Lena.

It's not like she didn't know where she was or that she snuck out. "what the actual fuck" Lillian says finally. Lena is a little taken back as her mother rarely ever curses.

"What?" Lena replies simply "why are you just sitting here in the dark?" She asks her mother. "What was that?" Lillian asks.

"What? What was what? I don't understand what you want from me. Use your words mother," Lena says starting to get frustrated by her mother's vague questions.

"I just don't understand... You and Y/n.. going to prom together?" Lilian finally says. "Yeah and? What's the big deal" Lena asks.

"You paid her?" Lilian asks as she remembers the comment you made earlier. "No mom, that was a joke, you know how she is," Lena replies.

"I mean, I knew that you like Y/n, but- but how and when did this happen?" Lillian asks. Can we not do this right now. I'm tired," Lena replies, not wanting to deal with this right now.

But to her dismay Lillian insists that they talk about it now. "Maybe we went as friends okay?" Lena says, just hoping this way the conversation would end.

"Well I know that's not true, for many reasons, including you two kissing when she dropped you off and that.. giggle that you did after." Lillian says bluntly.

Lena lets out a sigh as she realizes that this conversation won't be over until she knows everything. "Okay fine. We've been dating for a bit and it just happened. I don't know what to tell you." Lena answers simply to her earlier questions.

"How long is a bit?" Lillian asks,"and like of course we support you and everything. I'm just curious how this came about and why you wouldn't tell us, " Lilian adds.

Lena hoped that she wouldn't have to do all the explaining alone, but it seems like she'll have to. Lena is deep in thought before her mother says something again.

Just as Lena focuses back on her mom, she realizes something that makes her smirk. On the topic of your relationship, she is sitting on the very couch where you've been intimate.

It makes Lena laugh at the thought of her mother sitting on the very couch where you had sex for the first time in the Luthor mansion.

Lilian doesn't ask too much about it as Lena disguises the laughs as laughs of frustration. "Almost 5 months," Lena replies calmly.

Lilian was shocked, to say the least. She definitely didn't expect it to be that long. Lena proceeds to tell her the whole idea behind you not revealing your relationship and wanting to see if anyone would even notice.

They talk about it all for a couple of hours. "Can I go to bed now it's literally 4 in the morning," Lena groans. Lillian finally dismisses her and goes to bed herself.

That was one painful conversation to hav,  but you will not be spared as you have to tell Lex the following morning.

You texted Lex the morning of prom night to arrange to get breakfast for the following morning.

Today is the day, you got up quite early and got ready to meet him. Luckily Lex didn't run into Lillian since she was still sound asleep when he left the house.

It would not have been good if he found out from anyone else but you. You get to the place you are meeting at and greet him.

You did not want to prolong this conversation so you just got right to it after you ordered food. "Soooo-" you start as Lex watches you carefully.

"You know how you said that Lena likes me and I should go for it? Well you were right, " you say as Lex listens carefully.

"I just wanted to tell you that Lena and I have been going out a little," you say, waiting for a reaction.

"And I wanted you to hear about it from me and not anyone else," you add. "Okay that's fine. Like i said before, if anyone is good enough for her, it's you, " Lex tells you, which causes you to smile.

"Wait a little? What is a little or I guess when did it start?" He asks. "Promise you won't be mad," you say semi seriously. He just looks at you, nodding slightly.

"Almost f-five months," you say as he stares at you in bewilderment. He expresses his unhappiness that you waited so long to tell him.

You talk a little while longer and you tell him your reasons for not telling him sooner and just the jist of how your relationship started.

At the end he seems cool with the news and is happy that you are happy and hopes the best for you and Lena. Although he was okay with everything, you still apologized for not telling him sooner.

You assured Lex that you will always have time for him as he will always be your best friend. And he knew you would keep your word since over the last 5 months he didn't notice any difference in how often you saw each other.

Once Lex got home, he went to talk to Lena too. He expressed that he's happy for both of you and that he approves of your relationship and hopes the best for the both of you.

They shared a long hug as they finished talking. Lena was glad that she didn't have to tell Lex about it too as that would probably have gone worse than with her mother.

Luckily Lillian told Lionel all about it, so neither of you had to worry about another awkward situation.

Your relationship with Lena will definitely change a lot. Now that people actually know it will be different.

But you and Lena will try to keep the pda down to a minimum as it would be pretty awkward for not only the two of you but for her family also.