Chapter 5

Annabeth's POV:

I wake up to the sound of my alarm clock, and I jump out of bed, grabbing my clothes and putting them on.
I had a strange dream last night. Percy and I were at a cafe, and we were having a blast, talking about spells and potions, and snacking on little pastries. It felt too good to be true, right?
After getting ready, I stepped out of my room and walked to the Great Hall, until I hear a slightly annoying voice behind me.

"Annabeth! Wait up!"

It was Percy. What was he doing?

"What's up?" I questioned.
"I saw you in the hallway and I wanted to see if I could walk with you to the Great Hall! May I?" He asked with his annoying smirk on his face.
UGH.
"Why not..?"
"Thanks. I still can't believe I lost to you the other day in that duel. You're really good at this whole "being a wizard or witch" thing, Annabeth," he complimented.
"Um thanks. You're good at it as well, Percy."
Oh my gods, what am I doing...?
"I was wondering if you maybe wanted to study together sometime, since, you're the top of the class and I am not. So what do you say?"
Oh no... no, don't do it Annabeth! You're just going to embarrass yourself in front of him!
"It couldn't hurt to try. I'll do it. Meet you tomorrow in the library at around 6."
With that, I walked over to my table in a great mood. I'm hanging out with Percy Jackson tomorrow!!! Whoo!
I then ate my food and started to walk down the hallway until I bumped into something. Or someone. It was a girl my age, a Hufflepuff with chocolate brown hair and eyes that naturally change color.
"Oh! Sorry! I didn't mean to bump into you. Are you a Slytherin? Oh no! Please don't get mad at me," the girl quickly said.
"Oh! Um, it's okay. Just, be careful next time, please? By the way, my name is Annabeth Chase."
"Thanks. I'm Piper. Piper McLean. Nice to meet you Annabeth. I'll see you around!"

With that, she ran off, chasing someone who looks like a Ravenclaw down the hallway while yelling: "Leo!!"
She seemed nice enough. I'd better head to class and try not to be late. Hopefully I don't bump into anymore people in the hallway this time. That seems to happen to me a lot more than it should.
With confusion about everything that has happened today, I still walk over to my class to find Draco being his same rude and annoying self, at the desk next to mine.
"Oh my Gods, what do you want? I don't want to talk to you right now. Why don't you go talk to your friends over there?"
"Oh look everybody, Annabeth is trying to act tough! She thinks she's so cool. So, Princess, you want to come over to my room later? Maybe by then you won't be a priss," he joked.
"How about... no. I don't want to hangout with you, and I DON'T want to go to your room, either. Plus, since your tiny brain didn't understand the first time; I'm not your princess, so back off," I scowled, and then flicked him in the nose.
"Ooh, I was being nice to you before, but now, you're making me angry. Keep it up, Chase. I don't care if you're born to a rich or powerful family. I will NOT be disrespected," he warns.
After his statement, he stomps on my foot, elbows me, and walks away to where his friends are.
Percy then walks up to me with a worried face.
"Do you really have to deal with him this often? I'd rather kill myself than have to see his ugly face all day. But, are you okay?"
"I'm fine, thank you. You don't have to worry about me, you know." I replied.
Right when he was going to say something, Professor Chiron spoke up and told us to sit down.
"Alright, everyone, pull out your textbooks to page 143, please."
He then started to talk about werewolves and dementors, but then gave us an assignment, and I finished it quickly. Again.
I looked across the room to see Percy and his two friends struggling on the assignment.
I guess I never noticed that he was looking at me as well, because he stuck his younger out at me and shut his eyes.
If he's trying to lighten the mood, then it's certainly helping, because I kinda smiled.
Professor Chiron then clapped his hands and said, "Alright everybody! Good Job today, your dismissed!Grab your things!"
The crowd of students then gathered their things and rushed out of the classroom.
After getting ran over by the crowd of people, I slowly begin to walk over to the Great Hall again.
This day has been a little bit out of the ordinary.
I talked to Percy Jackson and am meeting up with him tomorrow, I got in a fight with Draco Malfoy (I guess), and I met a girl named Piper.
Well, I'd better sit down and eat now. Drew is giving me the evil eye again. I swear, I DO NOT belong in this house.
Ugh.
I then get handed a plate of food, and I politely eat it.
When I'm done, I head over to my room and slam onto my bed.
I think I will get cozy and head to sleep after reading a book.
But then again, I'm too tired for that right now.
I then close my eyes and slowly drift off to sleep...

Hey guys!! I finally posted a chapter! Whoo!!! Im gonna give myself a little pat on the back.
This may seem like it took forever, but I got busy and was never able to write and update.
Sorry guys...
By the way, if you like my story, then like and follow me, and check you my other stories and my Pinterest account!
Have a good day!
(This is 1014 words)