Chapter 17

{Vivian's POV}

"Yes." The words seemed to escape my mouth without me even knowing. And they felt so right to be said. I wanted to lead this pack, I wanted to take a stand, and I most definitely wanted respect and to be accepted.

Mason visibly relaxed as he smiled at me. "I never wanted to leave you, Vivian. You were my little sister, you still are, and I'm glad that you can be back here again. I was never meant to lead this pack, I mean I tried my best, but Vivian. This is meant for you to do. I can feel it. And I hope you know that you're making the right decision."

I nodded my head, agreeing. This felt right, scary and confusing, but right. "I'll need time to say goodbyes to my family and friends. Especially mom and Jeremy, the rest of my friends." Hayley, Carl. God, Carl. I missed that perverted freak. And Hayley too, even though I already knew she wouldn't accept me. I was going to tell everyone. I was gay as hell. "I'll stay here for about a week, but then I'm going back to say goodbye."

"That's perfectly fine." He said, standing from his chair and opening his arms up for me. I walked into them, accepting the hug. "And I'm so sorry you have to give up so much for this." He muttered.

"It's okay." I murmured back.

And it was.

{Eris's POV}

"Oh." I said, feeling a bit dumbfounded as I stared at the two men in front of me. How was I supposed to reply to something like that? I didn't know what the hell they were talking about! 'Its her destiny'? What was that supposed to mean?

Ian looked as if he was about to say something but stopped abruptly, looking past me. I turned my head quickly and saw Vivian and her brother coming towards us.

"What's happening?" I asked when Vivian was next to me. She grabbed my hand and smiled, lacing our fingers.

"I'll explain later, but it looks like we'll be staying here for awhile." She acted reassuring, but I could see the nervousness and panic in her eyes. What had happened when they were gone? What did Vivian have to tell me?

"Okay." Was all I said as I smiled nervously back at her.

"Come with me, I'll show you your room." Mason said. I grabbed my bag off of the floor and stood up, still holding Vivian's hand. I couldn't get over how nice it felt, her hand was warm and smooth, and holding it told everyone she was mine.

We followed him up the stairs and down a series of hallways until he stopped at a nice wooden door with a fancy handle. He unlocked it with a key and opened it up.

The room was amazing. It was probably the biggest room I had seen in my life with white walls, cute little lights hanging around, and a balcony. The bed was king sized, there were two walk in closets, and one master bathroom.

"This is a little much, I mean, we're only staying for awhile." I said nervously, taking my hand out of Vivian's and wringing my hands together. I felt like I was imposing, and I didn't like it.

Vivian and her brother shared and glance and I narrowed my eyes at Vivian. "We are staying for just a little while, right?"

"I'll let you two talk." Mason said, excusing himself. He looked very awkward as he practically ran out of the room.

"Right, Vivian?" I asked, panicking slightly. Were they not going to let us leave?

"Eris." Vivian sighed, sitting down at the end of the bed. After she was situated she pulled me on top of her lap and wrapped her arms around my waist. "I'm staying. Forever."