Chapter 9

This chapter is dedicated to
TrustHim and
reading_4_ever :D you guys are the best!!

[]

"Vivian? What are you doing?" Jeremy asked as I basically slammed my window shut and stood in front of it. I was probably going to regret that later, but I didn't exactly care at the moment.

"Nothing." I plastered a big smile on my face, and closed my curtains.

"You're acting weird.."

"I always act weird."

"Vivian." His tone was final. "You look like a 13 year old that just got caught sneaking out of the house. Now what's happening?" I could trust Jer right? Well, I could probably trust all my friends, besides Hayley, but what if he didn't accept me? His family were big Christians. When they weren't helping my parents with the pack they were at church. Jeremy was the same way, he loved church. I was never a really big fan of it. I didn't like getting up early and now that I knew I liked girls I didn't really feel accepted. But Jeremy was my best friend, my brother practically. If he didn't accept it then he wasn't really a true friend, right?

"I-I found my mate." I sighed, repeating that last sentence in my head over and over.

"That's amazing Vivian! Why do you look so caught for it? We should be celebrating! What's his name. I have to meet him!" Jeremy beamed, pulling me into a hug.

"Her name is Eris." I whispered, but I knew he had heard me.

"Her? You're a lesbian?" Shock was written all over his face and I bit my lip nervously. He couldn't leave, I would be crushed if he did. Through my brother leaving and my dad saying he would marry me to someone else if I didn't find my mate, he was my rock. I could always count on him. But Eris, she seemed more important. When you find your mate you'll do anything for them, even murder. Everything changes.

"Yes." I finally nodded. Tears were threatening to spill from my eyes but I wouldn't let them. I was going to act strong, like I didn't care what he thought of me and that I didn't care that I could lose him as a friend.

"Hey.." Jeremy whispered, seeing right through my facade. "It's okay, I support you." He pulled me into a hug and I hugged him back tightly. I was glad I hadn't lost him over something so stupid. At least he knew that I was happy, but I knew that Hayley wouldn't be as understanding. She thought that lesbians and gays were screw ups, gross. She had never said it out loud, but I saw her face when she looked at a gay couple holding hands. It was pure disgust.

"They'll think less of me Jeremy. Only you and my mom understand, the rest of them won't. You don't know how hard this is for me. I want to be with her, so bad that sometimes it hurts. What am I supposed to do? She thinks I'm playing with her feelings. And she's human. Am I supposed to just come out and tell her? Or what?" I said into his shoulder. Eris was probably mad that I just shut the window in her face but I was trying not to worry about it. I had enough on my mind.

"Maybe you should just handle one thing at a time, it becomes overwhelming if you try to deal with it all at once. And if they don't understand or accept you for who you are then they aren't worth your time okay? Just stop worrying and enjoy life while you can."

"I'm a werewolf Jer. She won't accept me for that. And Hayley won't accept me as a lesbian you know that. I turn into a wolf every Friday, every Friday, because of my lack of shifting and how bad I am at it. That's messed up, and we both know it. I won't be able to go on Friday date nights, or go to movies-"