Chapter 19

*One month later*

"Eris! Where did you put my jacket?" I yelled as I dug through our closet, feeling frustrated. I was going out with Mason in like, 30 minutes, and I needed my jacket. It made me look badass.

"How am I supposed to know?" She called back from the bathroom. I listened as she moved around in there for a second before hearing the hair dryer start. I sighed and got down on my knees, looking under the bed. My eyes scanned the floor before seeing a familiar lump.

"Aha!" I cried in victory as I grabbed my leather jacket from under the bed. We were such slobs.

Well, actually, I was the slob. Eris was actually fairly neat and usually cleaned up after me but she had been working in the kitchen a lot lately and was exhausted. Guilt washed over me as I realized I was going to have to make it up to her by cleaning up and taking her out somewhere.

A knock on the door sounded and I huffed under my breath, throwing my jacket on, jogging to the door and quickly putting on my combat boots, walking out when I was done.

Mason smiled at me as I left the room, twirling a pair of car keys on his finger.

"Ready for breakfast?"

"Definitely." I replied, my stomach rumbling.

{Eris's POV}

*some time later*

"Eris." Someone hissed poking me. "Eris." The person hissed again.

"Go away." I groaned.

"No can do. Vivian texted me, telling me to get you ready for a date." I faintly recognized the voice as Vivian's mom and sighed, knowing I needed to get up. I sat up and Diane threw her hand up over her eyes. "Oh!" She cried out, sounding shocked.

I furrowed my eyebrows confused and looked down. I gasped as I realized when I exited the bathroom I just layed in bed, too lazy to get dressed. I must have fallen asleep.

"Oh my gods! I am so so sorry!" I shouted in horror, realizing I had just flashed Vivian's mother.

"No, it's okay! Totally, totally okay." She said, sounding almost as embarrassed as I was. "Uhm, maybe you should just take a quick shower and then we'll start to get you ready." She kept her eyes covered and grabbed some clothes, ran to the bathroom, closed the door, and locked it.

I forced the embarrassment away and put on my underwear, some sweatpants, and one of Vivian's shirts. I walked out and smiled at Diane apologetically.

I admired Vivian's mother. She was a strong woman. She killed her own mate so her daughter could live. I wouldn't say she was completely over it yet, but Vivian was definitely helping her through the tough time. After Diane killed her mate she stopped showering, stopped trying in her appearance, and hardly slept. After this past month she started to shower again, like a normal person, and she had upgraded from hobo clothes to baggy shirts and leggings. She still had dark circles under her eyes but they were considerably getting better.

I pushed the thoughts from my mind and smiled at her, not knowing what to do.

"Okay," Diane clapped her hands together, "we're going to start with the makeup, which shouldn't take too long since I'm not going to put much on you, you don't need it." She smiled, sitting me down in front of the mirror where I usually got ready for the day.

She got out all of the things she needed before starting. She put on a light coat of concealer on, some eyeshadow, and a little mascara and eyeliner to make my eyes pop.