Chapter 18

Becky's POV

I haven't seen Freen in a week after what happened in the parking lot. I think we have so much to talk about but I don't know if we still need to. It's been 9 months. And before she left, she made it cleared naman na what happened is just nothing. Unti unti ko ng natatanggap yung nangyari and I'm doing fine, bakit naman kelangan niya pa ulet magpakita? I feel like I'm going back to zero now coz deep inside, I'm still hurting. When I saw the woman kiss her on the lips, a sharp pang of pain shot through me. It was unexpected, and my heart sank as I tried to make sense of the situation unfolding before my eyes.

Freen and I had been inseparable for years. We shared everything, from secrets to dreams, and had supported each other through thick and thin. I had always considered our bond to be unbreakable, but what happened to us shattered that illusion. One thing is for sure, I need to be strong and show to her that she no longer affects me or else, ako na naman ang talo.

Manager Chen texted me that we will have some workshop in upcoming weeks and today will be the first. He texted me the time and location and informed me that this workshop
is for me and Freen to test our chemistry on screen. Grabe talaga ang timing. Parang gusto ko nalang matawa kase dahil feeling ko pinaglalaruan ako ng tadhana. Of all people na pwede kong maka onscreen partner, why Freen? 🤦‍♀️

But I have to be professional. Madami pa akong pangarap sa buhay and ayokong masira lahat ng pinaghirapan ko. If there's one person that should believe and cheer for me, that'd be myself first. 6 months Beck, just 6 months. You'll be alright.

I arrived 1 hour earlier in the studio. I haven't seen Freen yet but some other casts are already here. Irin is not here since wala pa naman syang sched for today plus she texted me that her mom is sick so she can't accompany me and I told her that's fine. Tita needs her.

After 30mins I saw Freen arrived and guess what? She's still with that girl. I know for sure that there's something going on with them. Siguro mas okay na din 'to para alam namin yung boundaries namin. Freen greeted our director and the other casts that are nearer to her.

Since nandito na ang lahat, our director called our attention and informed everyone that the workshop will start in 10mins.

I saw Freen whispered on that woman's ears and the woman just nodded. Freen then walk towards my direction causing me to immediately look away. Hopefully hindi niya napansin na kanina pa ko nakatingin sa kanila. Damn.

"Hi" She greeted me. This is the first time that she spoke to me in 9 fucking months. And I'm not even sure if I should respond coz I feel like I just want to totally ignore her. But of course, professionalism is the key so I greeted her back.

"Hey" a plain and monotone one. She stood beside me while waiting for our director to tell us what to do.

"How are you Beck? It's been a while" She's literally asking me how am I. Hahaha So how am I supposed to answer that? should I tell her how fck up I am when she left me? The hell. No.

"Yeah, it is. I'm fine. You look good so I think you're fine too" I replied and give her a smile.

"Who would've thought na makakatrabaho kita sa gantong industry no? I mean I never thought you're really into modelling and acting"

"Right. Who would have thought. It just happened" then I just nodded because ayokong mag open up sa kanya ng mga personal na nangyari sakin after she left.

There is a long silence after that. Wala naman na akong masabi kaya hindi na lang din ako nagsalita. After few more minutes Freen clears her throat, seems like she wanted to talk more? I dont know.

"Ahem, o-okay lang ba kay Nop na girls love series yung gagawin mo and....y-you know, ako yung makakapartner mo?" she's stuttering.

"That's totally fine with him. And supportive naman si Nop sa mga bagay na alam niyang gusto ko. And he doesn't know anything...I mean about what happened"

"Oh I see" she sounded surprised tho. Iniexpect nya bang ipagkakalat ko yung nangyari samin? Hell no,

"How about you? Okay lang ba sa girlfriend mo yung set up?"

"Girlfriend?" Her brows furrowed, and lines formed on her forehead as she try to figure out what I mean. Her face is clouded with confusion.

"Yes. The girl last time. In the parking." Why the hell she's acting like she doesn't have one when I clearly saw that woman kissed her.

"Oh. Faye. She's not my girlfriend Becc"

Not her girlfriend but they kiss? Make it make sense please. I want to roll my eyes because of what I heard. But I chose not to.

"I see. I guess very normal nalang sayo ang makipag kiss sa lips ng mga kaibigan mo. Hahaha" I make it sound like a joke but guess it sounded more of a sarcasm. Thank God at yung director namin tinawag na kami. I didn't even wait for her to response baka saan pa mapunta.

So I left here there and started to walk.

So kissing her friends is probably her thing now huh.

Great.

_______________________________

A/N:
Hey guys! sorry for the super late upload. I'm currently out of the country due to work related events. I can't find time to write the next chap 😭 Na wwriter's block ako sa dami ng ginagawa ko. Sorryyy. Still have a lot of stuffs to do right now. So I might take time to upload but I'll try my very best. Thank you all for reading and patiently waiting 🥹♥️♥️