xChapter 41 - The East Side (8)

"Well, this was harder than I thought it was going to be," Ronnie admits.

As Ronnie, Elizabeth, & Alex all look toward Graham, Marcus looks toward the door.

"Vanessa's probably behind that door," Marcus says.

"HOW DID YOU KNOW?!" Blanko asks as he walks over, also getting ready to fight the group.

"Because you just told them," Graham tells Blanko.

"DAMN IT!" Blanko says.

Ronnie looks over to Marcus and says, "You go to the door, we'll hold these people off."

"You sure?" Marcus asks.

"Of course, we can handle these nobodies!" Alex says as he goes to Blanko and goes for a right hook.

Elizabeth & Ronnie rush over to Graham and as they do so, Marcus nods and rushes towards the door, he manages to get the door open to see it leads to another hallway with a room at the end of it, a door that has a keypad lock on it.

"Well shit," Marcus says as he starts to try every possible combination.

Meanwhile, back in the main room, Alex is throwing jabs at Blanko, Blanko manages to bob and weave, avoiding the punches.

"So you're familiar with boxing huh?" Alex asks as he tries to attempt a left hook.

"I am a little but my specialty isn't boxing," Blanko begins to say as he avoids the left hook and then performs a hook kick, sending his leg careening towards Alex's face as he finishes saying, "It's kickboxing!"

"Is that so?" Alex says as he manages to grab Blanko's leg, "Let me teach you something a friend of mine taught me."

Blanko tries to escape but since Alex is holding his leg, he has to deal with a punch to the gut by Alex.

"You don't always have to aim for the face!" Alex yells.

Blanko stumbles back as he coughs up a bit however he rushes towards Alex and yells, "Alright then! You asked for it!"

Blanko begins to go for a kick to Alex's right calf, Alex steps out of the range of the attack however that kick was just a feint for Blanko's uppercut, which lands clean on Alex's chin, sending him stumbling back.

"What are you an idiot or something?" Blanko asks, "Why would I tell you what my next move is!"

Alex rubs his face as he stands back up and comments, "You use the same tricks I do huh?"

"What? Have enough?" Blanko asks.

"Not at all!" Alex yells as he gets fired up.

"Oh really? That's good," Blanko sighs in relief.

"Why's that?" Alex asks confused.

"CAUSE NEITHER HAVE I!!" Blanko roars as he gets even more fired up.

As Blanko & Alex continue their fight, Elizabeth looks over at the two fighting and thinks to herself, "Those two are a good match huh?"

However, Elizabeth's focus is turned back to the towering adult, Graham Dirt, who is currently standing still as Ronnie Everst gets ready for Graham's first attack.

"What are you waiting for?" Elizabeth asks.

"I never throw the first punch," Ronnie states, "because I'm always the one to get the last hit in."

Elizabeth groans, "Not you too."

Graham still stands tall just as Elizabeth performs a side kick into the side of the man's torso. She then proceeds to send several more kicks into Graham's body. Yet despite how powerful the kicks are and how many she sends at the man, he still stands tall. He still stands seemingly unharmed, and for some reason, he isn't sending a single attack back.

"What gives? You aren't going to hit back?" Elizabeth asks.

"Well duh, you guys are children, I don't hit kids," Graham states matter of factly.

"Oh," Elizabeth says as she stops attacking, "Uh- sorry about all that."

"No it's fine, my boss told me he doesn't want me fighting," Graham admits.

"Your boss? As in Vanessa?" Ronnie asks while Alex & Blanko continue to fight.

"No not her, we're just members of a bigger gang, Dirty Fang, and the second-in-command is coming here soon," Graham asks.

"Wait how soon?" Elizabeth asks panicked.

"Any moment now," Graham tells her.

Elizabeth & Ronnie begin to panic as they start to hear footsteps from the staircase they just were at. Blanko & Alex stop fighting as they look to see who it is. However, the person who walks down the stairs is Hunter Huntingson, with Mesto & Andy Nibble following close behind.

"So this is where you guys went," Hunter says.

"You again!" Blanko says shocked to see Hunter.

"That's right, and I'm here to wipe you guys off the face of this planet!" Hunter says as he gets ready to fight them, "you made me lose my baby!"

"YOUR BABY?!" Alex, Ronnie, & Elizabeth shout confused, not knowing he means his metal baseball bat.

"You guys took something from me, I'm going to need it back," Mesto tells them.

"You can find it as soon as I beat their teeth in!" Hunter snarls.

However before Hunter can do anything, two arms wrap around him and place him in a rear naked choke.

"I was wondering what you were doing with them, Boss," Graham states as Hunter tries to escape from the rear naked choke but can't, he eventually faints and the person who grabbed him lets go.

"I didn't want to use violence but I didn't really have that much of a choice," The second-in-command of Dirty Fang, and the man in the bucket hat, Andy Nibble states, "now then I hope we can resolve our grievances peacefully, right?"

_______________

In the hallway, Marcus tries the combination "1-1-1-1" and the door finally unlocks.

"Why didn't I try that beforehand?" Marcus wonders out loud.

As Marcus pushes the door open, he can see that in the room is none other than Vanessa Deli, the person he's been trying to reach all this time.

The person who's left him with a question.

A question that brought him all the way here.

A question that he wants to be answered.

See You Next Chapter!~