Chapter 2

A/N: Thanks so much for the comments and votes guys :) It really helped me update this chapter. Enjoy this next installment :)

Chapter 2 – Watch Your Tongue.

Norman took a step back from the window and watched as the two spirits, one of holidays and one of winter,  floated into his room. They landed on the floor, standing tall and after giving each other a quick glance around the room both stared at him. The girl seemed to stare at Norman longer than the guy. She looked a lot more normal and a lot more alive.

"You don't seem to be afraid of us. I mean a lot of people in your situation would be." She said giving Norman a small smile.

"Cause you're not a kid, kids aren't scared of us" Jack said as he picked up a comic from the floor and flicked through the pages. "Kid's believe in us, But you aren't a kid and I bet you don't believe in us"

"Well I've actually seen worse" Norman replied, his mind trailing slightly to the memories he had of the Zombies and the Witch. He had always assumed that there was more out there. That not only ghosts and witches existed. If they were real why couldn't the other things be too? "And I've a very open mind but I guess I never thought you two were real. I can probably see you two because you're dead. But what are you doing here? What do you want?"

Jack and Hally exchanged looks before they both looked at Norman.

"We've heard about what you did in this town a few years ago. We heard you can talk to ghosts" Hally explained.

"I'm sure you could have found a closer medium" Norman said raising his eyebrow slightly.

"Well that's not just why we're here" Jack explained as he leaned agaisnt the open window smiling slightly as he dropped Norman's comic book to the ground and began to trace ice patterns on to Norman's wall. 

"We need the best" Hally said as she walked towards Norman. "We've heard you're the best, plus you still believe in us. That's why you see us, not just because we died. You don't need to remind us about that. We.. Well Jack's a guardian"

"We know your cousin, Jamie Bennett" Jack added as his movie poster of Monster Hunt began to drip ice water from the snow flake design he had put there. "You're room is way too warm. Ever think about turning down the air?"  

Norman took a step back from Hally in surprise as he heard Jack's words. His cousin Jamie was only 2 years younger than himself. He was Uncle Prendergast's kid. They'd only ever see each other at christmas or at other family occasions. Jamie had lived in Blithe Hallow with his mom when they were both very young but they had moved when Uncle Prendergast got way too crazy to deal with. When his mom had heard about Norman's gifts, she taught it best to stop coming at Christmas with Jamie, especially after she remarried and Sophie was born. 

"Did Jamie send you here?" He asked in surprise.

Everyone knew about his gift. He was surprised that Jamie remembered. When the two saw each other they just played video games, the conversations never went further than the next Zombie film out or the newest Halo game. Jamie hadn't been as afraid of him as everyone else had been when he was young, probably because he was used to it at home.