Chapter Five

Chapter Five - And Away They Go.

Neil walked down the warm streets from Nat's house to Norman's on his own. He had managed to get most of his homework done with Nat and had mostly eaten dinner as well as the remaining chocolate cake at the house. He loved going to Nat and Katy's house. Nat and Katy had a younger brother named Isaac who would always run around the house and constantly wanted Neil to play with him. He loved the atmosphere of love and family in the house even though it was just Nat, Katy, Isaac and their Mom Lucy or Ms Oliver.

Neil felt a lot more at home in their house than he did in his own ever since his brother had found a job in Florida after he had finished college. He was living with his boyfriend Parker and planned on getting married in the winter. Neil missed his brother a lot.

Neil had felt a lot better after talking with both Nat and Katy about Norman's letter. He was being stupid thinking that Norman didn't want to be friends with him. It was probably something got to do with Nat. He hadn't said to the twins about Norman maybe liking Nat. He had decided that it wasn't his place or the time to discuss something like that. Norman liking Nat and Nat not feeling the same could ruin their friendships. Neil hated the idea of loosing his friends.

Neil went to the back door of Norman's house and walked in.

"Hey Mrs Babcock" Neil said as he strolled past her in the kitchen.

"Hi Neil, are you going to have dinner with us?" She asked.

"No no, I just came from the Oliver's, thanks anyway Mrs Babcock, you know I would never pass up one your fine meals"

Mrs Babcock laughed while Norman looked up at Neil from the kitchen table where he had just finished his dinner.

"Stay away from my Mom Neil" Norman said frowning at his friend.

Neil raised his hands in the air as a sign of peace as he smiled at his best friend. Norman picked up his dishes and put them in the sink. He thanked his mother before rushing out of the kitchen with Neil. When they were in Norman's room with the door shut Neil began too feel slightly uneasy. It was time to find out what the cause of all this trouble was.

Norman sat on his desk chair while Neil sat on his bed. Neil watched Norman, who looked lost for words.

"Is this about Nat?" Neil asked, deciding he would break the ice.

"Nat?" Norman asked surprised that he would bring her up. "No. What about Nat?"

"Nothing" Neil said. "I just thought you wanted to talk to me about Nat and what you should do"

Norman raised his eyebrows up in surprise. "You think I asked you over to talk about Nat and how to pick up chicks?"

"Well" Neil said. "I am more experienced than you. Not to sound harsh or anything"