Chapter 9

Stiles woke the same way he went to bed, happy. A warmness was coursing through him; something that felt a lot like love.

He pealed his eyes opened and was immediately greeted with Derek's sleeping face. He looked so peaceful. Derek had a perpetual bitch face that made him seem like he was always pissed. Stiles liked that. It gave him a bit of a 'hard to get' look. Derek was sleeping, though, and all the muscles in his face were completely relaxed and he almost looked happy, or at least not pissed off.

It was beautiful.

Stiles choked on his own spit. He just called Derek beautiful. Derek was hot, that was obvious, but beautiful was taking it to another level. Beautiful wasn't just physical attraction, that was emotional and mental attraction as well.

His incessant coughing and choking caused everyone around him to wake up.

Derek's eyes shot open, glowing red. He grabbed Stiles and sat him up, snarling at Erica and Boyd to get out of the way so that Stiles could lean on the headboard.

When Stiles regained control of his breathing, he smiled at Derek and then wiggled his way off of the bed. He stood at the edge of the bed, straightening himself out, when he realized everyone was staring at him.

"What?" he asked. No one answered. "Is there something on my face?" he asked, jokingly.

"Stiles, you have ears on the top
of your head." Boyd said to him.

Stiles' hand shot up to the top of his head, where, in fact, there were a pair of fluffy ears. He darted to Scott's full length mirror and looked at himself.

Pure white ears weren't the only physical difference. His eyes were glowing a dull red and he could feel a tail in his pajama pants.

He turned back to the Pack, his eyes focusing on Derek. "What the fuck is this?" he questioned.

Derek gave him this dumb, but adorable, look and shrugged. "I don't - "

"You're still new to the whole wolf thing, so random animal parts might pop out when you feel intense emotions such as sadness, anger, lust, happiness, and confusion." Stiles did not squeal like a girl when Peter came out of no where. "Derek grew up as a wolf, so he has never experienced this but it used to happen to his father a lot. It should stop after you get more control of yourself."

Stiles looked over to Derek, who nodded.

"Where do you come from?" Jackson asked.

Peter smiled at him and turned around and walked away.

"Why does he still live here?" Stiles asked, still looking at Derek.

"He pays rent."

*

"Erica, we're not going to a diner." Derek said. "Stiles still has wolf ears."

"Stiles also has these things called hats that could hide said ears." Erica replied. "Besides, Pack bonding is a good thing. Now that Stiles is fully and confirmedly park of the Pack, we could start bonding with him."

Derek rolled his eyes. "We've all already bonded with Stiles. He is still your friend and goes to school with you and did almost all the research on the harpies."

Erica turned to Stiles. She nodded to Derek behind his back.

Stiles rolled his eyes, but did what she wanted anyway. "Come on, Derek," Derek turned to Stiles, who smiled. "They were going out to eat when I first changed."

*

Stiles, Scott, and Isaac rode in the Jeep, Jackson, Allison, and Lydia were in Jackson's Porsche, and Derek, Erica, and Boyd drove to the diner in Derek's car.

When they got to the small diner, Stiles walked to the front.

"Table for," he turned around and quickly counted the Pack. "Nine, please." he turned back to the man.

He was tall, not giant but of decent height. He smiled widely and ran his hand through curly, brown hair. "Alright, you'll be seated as soon as possible." and he turned and walked away.

Stiles walked back to the Pack.

Scott grabbed Stiles and pulled him forward. "It smells like wolf in here."

"How much like wolf?"

"Like there is at least four wolves in here, besides us." Derek answered for him, looking at the tables.

Stiles shook his head. "It'll be fine. As long as we behave, hopefully they will."

"Uh, table for nine?" a small voice called. Stiles turned around and smiled at the small waiter. He couldn't be older than 15.

"That's us."

The kid gave him a shy smiled. "Follow me, please." He led them to the back of the diner, where two tables had been pushed together. This place was secluded from the rest of the diner. "My name is Liam and I'll be your waiter today," he said as they all say down. He gave Erica, who sat down at the end of the table, the menus and she started passing them around. "I'll be back in a bit to see what you all want to drink."

Derek leaned over to Stiles. "He's a beta."

Stiles nodded and stared Derek in the eyes. "Be nice."

The tall man walked to their table with a platter propped on his shoulder. "Hi, I'm Brett." he fidgeted a bit. "Um, my alpha runs this diner and she said that she knows that you're all the Hale Pack and she said to give you all this." he set the platter down and on it was nine pieces of cake. "It's not poisoned or anything, it's a peace offering. We don't want any fighting."

"We won't start anything as long as none of you do." Stiles said. Brett nodded.

"Enjoy." he said. As he was leaving, Liam was walking in. Brett stopped the shorter wolf and pecked his forehead (IM SO SORRY I HAD TO PUT THIS IN IM SUCH BRIAM TRASH IM SORRY).

Liam's cheeks burned as he walked to the table.

"I didn't know wolves could find their mates while they were so young." Derek said. "Congratulations."

Liam smiled widely at him. His eyes flicked to Stiles. "You too." he turned to face the rest of the table. "Do you all know what you want to drink?"